Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Wednesday's have turned into one of my favorite days of the week because I get to showcase another one of my Sweet Sketch Wednesday cards! Arlana has come up with a fabulous sketch that I know you will love using. So please head on over to the SSW blog and copy the sketch for you to use.



Remember last week I mentioned that it was my mom's birthday? You might remember me saying that I couldn't show the card I made for her since she follows my blog, well also I couldn't release it until today to coincide with the release of this new sketch.




Here is the sketch that I based my mom's birthday card from...






And here is the card that I made for her...






The DP is from Imaginisce (All Kinds of Happy), The swinging girl stamp is from Stampin' Up's "A Kind Word" set. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms Birthday Centers. I colored the stamped image in with my Copic Markers. The flowers are from Petaloo and the ribbon I am not sure about.

At first I worried that this card would be to juvenile for her, but I have always loved this adorable little girl from this Stampin' Up set. It makes me think of the stories that I have heard my mom talk about that seem similar to the days when she grew up on the farm. I can just picture her as this girl (not too many years ago) swinging away in a tree swing probably being pushed by her little sister, my Aunt Cindy!

I realized that it also brought back memories for her when she immediately broke out in poem as soon as she saw the stamped image. This is the poem that began quoting, it is one that she used to say as a child and also the one that her mother said to her when she was little...

How do you like to go up in a swing
up in the air so blue.
Oh, I do think it's the pleasantest thing
ever a girl can do.
Up in the air & over the wall
till I can see so wide,
rivers and trees and cattle and all
over the country side.

Isn't that just the cutest little poem you ever did hear? I was so happy that the card had a special meaning to her, because my mom Sharon certainly has special meaning to me!

It was so fun having lunch with you last week mom... let's do it again soon!!

Now using the links on my side bar or by visiting the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog, you can click on the rest of the DT members names or pictures to see what else was created for this week's sketch. We have a couple of new DT members that you definitely want to check out. You won't be disappointed!!

A second post will follow a little later with a Sneak Peek of the next two digistamps for the upcoming release at Whimsie Doodles! So, please come back!!

Have a beautiful day and may your bucket overflow with happy memories from your childhood!


6 comments:

Teri said...

Hiya,
This is just the cutest!
Have a great Day!
Hugs,
Teri
x

mulberry station said...

What a cute poem and darling card. Your mom will love it.

Rose said...

What a pretty birthday card Kelly! The colors you used are so sweet! I really like the SU set!

Sheri Gilson said...

Kelly, your card is adorable!! Love your Mom's sweet poem, TFS!

Deb C said...

Hi Kelly
it is a sweet poem - I love it too
it is a Robert Louis Stevenson poem
made personal by your Mum
I loved it as a child too as I swung on my swing - on of my best summer memories and I do wish I had a tree for a swing now (I do have a garden swing adapted from my kids swings set but it will not go up in the air)
love your site and love the mum on the swing

Arlana 11426 said...

Love your sweet card this week Kelly. The girl in the swing is adorable. Glad your mom liked it. Thanks for being such a swet part of my design team.