Monday, August 24, 2009

Cherry Blossom Birthday

I still haven't had the kind of quality time I long for in my scrap room over the past few days, but I did manage to get one card finished and another one started. I am working on some cards to enter into the Fall DT contest at SCS in the Clean and Simple Forum. Jen (MissBoo) has put together three seperate challenges for us to follow.


Her first challenge is to create a card using the sketch seen in THIS card.


I decided to go a Oriental. I hadn't had a chance to ink up my cute little Hero Arts Japanese dolls that I bought a while back so now was the time!





Here is what I made...




The doll is paper pieced using some BG DP from the Lemonade collection. The cherry blossom branches are from SU. I colored them in using a mix of Copics. The sentiment is from Custer's Last Stamp which I stamped in SU ink (Sage Shadow). I added a light gray outline around the doll and gave her a shadow underneath her and then I sponged the background to give a little more color. To finish it off I added the strip of paper up top that I used a MS Border Punch on and then added the trim and the oriental coin to complete the piece!

To see the rest of the submissions, you can visit the gallery HERE!

Thanks for taking a look! I am hoping for a nice Monday. Sunday wasn't so nice with four deliveries at work! Today I have to find some time to get my son some back-to-school clothes. He starts back tomorrow and has grown like a weed over the summer!

Have a wonderful day and may your bucket overflow with blossoms of happiness!

3 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Kelly!! Love how clean the card looks without layers. Great job!!

~*Joni said...

Oh those darn weeds!! ;) How we love them so but I truly wish they could at least wear out their clothes before they actually outgrow them. heehee!
I love anything with Asian flair so this card is simply adorable in my book. I love the balance of the image with the cherry blossoms. Never really appreciated those blooms until I moved up here to VA, 15 minutes from the annual Cherry Blossom festival. Wonderful job Kelly! Happy Monday and hope it is a bit quieter than yesterday!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so cute Kelly. Good luck with the contest!!