Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hope Your Day is Fintastic!

In reviewing my completed assignments for Whimsie Doodles yesterday I came across this card that I made a while back using last month's WD sketch and the Whimsies Koi digistamp. I am not sure why it never made it to a blog post before, but I definitely wanted to share it with you today!
Here is the sketch that was the inspiration...


I actually combined two digistamp images to complete this card. While I realize that it might be a stretch on the imagination to picture a Koi fish jumping out of the water, I just want you to work with me here... OK?? It's kind of cute, right?? LOL!!





The actual digistamp comes with the sentiment you see and two koi fish that look like they are circling each other. The water is also a digistamp that comes in the Beach Borders set at WD.




I raised the Koi up with pop dots to help give the illusion of depth.






Look closely and you can see how the touch of the glimmer from the Sakura Gelly roller pens adds a great effect on the images!




The Koi set is really cute and some of the other DT members have done some "fintastic" things with it too! Check out what some of the others have done with this set...


Melyssa HERE and also HERE







It's a beautiful Sunday here in sunny Florida and we expect to have a very "fintastic" day... I hope you do too!!


May your bucket overflow with "fintastic" ways to spend your day!!

7 comments:

mulberry station said...

What a cute card Kally..the paper is realy fun and I love the colors. It is a fintastic job!

Arlana 11426 said...

What a great card Kelly. Love the colors you used.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card Kelly!! Love the images, colors & all the dimension.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card. Love the colors!!

Thanh Vo said...

Silly Kelly... so that's what you came up with! It looks great.

Kelli said...

fun card! I love that the Koi is jumping! fantastic ideas!