Sunday, August 16, 2009

Everyone Needs a Little Inspiration!



Dictionary.com defines inspiration as
  • Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
  • The condition of being so stimulated.

Don't you feel sometimes that you could use a little inspiration? Doesn't your mojo leave you temporarily and you struggle to find just the right stamp to ink up or the right paper to use? Well thankfully SCS has designed a way to help us get out of those ruts and to find inspiration from other artists and websites. Every Saturday you can log into the SCS Inspiration Challenge Forum and find many ways to be inspired.


Last Saturday we were inspired by Bellacor Vases that can be found HERE. There were over 1500 vases to choose from and anyone could find something to inspire them. As soon as I saw this vase HERE, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had found my inspiration!!



Here is the card that I created after being inspired by that Bellacor Vase.





I decided that not only do I need inspiration sometimes, but so do others who are struggling with one of life's toughest battles... the loss of a loved one. I kept this card clean and simple because when you are trying to comfort someone who is grieving, it is better to take the minimalist approach so the true sentiments can be felt. I used my Unity silhouette flowers from the Birdie Inspiration set and lengthened the stems using a Sharpie Fine tip marker.



When I created this card I was hoping that I could inspire someone going through a tough time and move their mind to a higher level of feeling loved by me. On the inside of the card I used a Stampin Up sympathy stamp that says...




May God's love

heal your sorrow, and may

His peace replace your

heartache with

warm and loving memories.



I also played along with yesterday's Inspiration Challenge IC193 that can be found HERE! This time we were to be inspired by an ecclectic online store called The Curiosity Shoppe. They had really neat ideas and I found lots of creations that I would want to CASE or borrow! I chose THESE Earrings as my inspiration.


When I saw them my mind went directly to Dawn McVey's Damask Designs stamps from PTI and to the Ambrosia Collection by Basic Grey. So with the lace earrings as my inspiration, and the Damask stamps along with some BG, I was led and they led me to make this rather formal Birthday card...


I cut out one of my label nesties twice in one size and once in a large size. Then by turning one of them 45 degrees I was able to create this medallion like mat for my stamp. I decided to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment right on top of the strip of Damask Designs. To finish it off I added four rhinestones to accent the center piece in the medallion.

Weather permitting my family and I are going to do some boating and jet skiing. Ricky will just be fishing since he is still supposed to be resting his eye. I am happy to say though that everday he is reporting that his vision is improving and his eye is hurting less. My daughter Leah made it back to Gainesville yesterday and is still in a little pain still but also doing better every day!


Please have a wonderful day and may your bucket overflow with inspiration from many sources!

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovely cards!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards Kelly!!

Heather said...

I love the cards. You are such a versatile cardmaker- clean and simple to ornate!

Erin Bigler said...

What STUNNING cards, Kelly! I agree with what you said about keeping things simple in a sympathy card, but what an impact your design makes! And your second post is so lively and fun...gorgeous paper, too!