Monday, November 9, 2009

Happiness in a Jar

Did you ever wish when you were feeling down that you could just go to the cupboard and get a jar of happiness, open the lid, take some out and begin to feel better?  Well now, just maybe you can!!  :-)




As Guest Designer for Unity stamps this month I decided to pay a tribute to owner Angela Magnuson and make a special jar filled with quotes on the subject of happiness.  We all know how much Angela LOVES quotes.  She always puts the best quotes on her blog and typically those quotes seem to say just what I need to hear that day!  She is such a sweet person that you can tell really enjoys inspiring others and making them feel better!  I really appreciate her for that!!

So, when I saw this jar stamp in Unity's November KOM I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  I decided to make my own Jar of Happiness!  




Because the words that  come on the jar stamp are solid, and I wanted to be able to color them in colors that matched this gorgeous DP from Webster's Pages, I had to be creative in how I pulled it off.  I could have masked it and stamped each word seperately in it's own color, but I knew this stamp would be tricky to mask.  So, first I stamped the image with black ink onto white typing paper and then placed a plain sheet of white CS over it on a light box.  I now was able to trace the outlines of the words using a sharpie marker.  I heat set the marker lines and then was able to color in the words using Copics.  The lid was colored in using a gold pen. Both the awesome trims used on the lid were purchased as precuts from my LSS.

Using the coordinating DP's I made a band to put around the jar and adhered it with Modge Podge.  Using one of the flower shapes on the DP and the blossom Nesties I made a layered flower to put in the front and center of my jar.  I topped the flower off with a button that was threaded with twine.  The flower is huge! It measures almost 4 inches in diameter!


To make it a Jar of Happiness instead of just a pretty jar, I added a bunch of quotes about happiness.  I chose my favorite ones from this site HERE.



I used this beautiful StarDreams paper from Cut Cardstock to print my quotes on.  This paper has an amazing sheen to it and to my surprise printed out perfectly using my inkjet printer. This paper adds the perfect touch of class to this project.  Plain cardstock would not have done the trick here!!  The only thing I did to prevent it from smudging was to heat set it with my heat tool.


Here is one of the quotes inside my jar.  You can see the shimmer on the paper on the right side of the above quote!  It is oh so lucious!!

So there you have it!!  A Jar of Happiness that will give me instant happiness just by being able to look at it everyday and even more so if I take heed to the helpful quotes contained inside it!


And one other thing about Happiness... I signed up to start selling {Ippity) and am still working on my blog but you can take a peek at it HERE.  I plan on adding product to the pages soon.  If you want to start Following it, you will be able to find out when my products become available for purchase.  Also, be on the lookout for more {Ippity}samples coming soon!! :-)

Thanks for taking a look and may your Monday be wonderful and your bucket overflow with happiness!!




12 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun project!! I love the flower!!

Katie Skiff said...

You are a jar of happiness!! Great job on this project. I bit the bullet, I'm an ippity girl now...thanks to you! Enjoy your day!

Teri said...

This is a fabulously joyful project! Absolutely LOVE it!!
Oh, and best of luck with the Ippity thing.
Hugs,
Teri x

berg4 said...

Great project - just what is needed to start the week (and to make any day a happy day)!

FibreJunky said...

What a sweet project! Love the quotes - and great paper to print them on. Now you just need one of the Copic multiliners so you won't have to heatset the lines the next time you use a lightbox to trace a solid stamp like that (which was very clever, btw!)

Eva said...

Kelly, this is one incredible project!!! WOW you added all those happiness quotes???? That must have taken some time, but what a for project and perfect with that Unity image!!! Love it!!!

Randi said...

Amazing project Kelly! Fantastic idea for those stamps! Love the shimmery paper. Thanks for sharing!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Kelly this is just amazing love it!!!

mulberry station said...

What a fun idea Kelly...I love it. The flower is fabulous!

Marcy H. said...

Love your jar of Happiness!!! Great job!!! The flower you made is stunning...

Lindsay Spencer said...

I love your jar. SO MUCH!
I want to see your ippity blog, but there's no link there.

Unknown said...

Good day very cool site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally¡KI’m glad to seek out numerous helpful info here in the put up, we need work out extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . . https://theeastergoodfriday.com/category/easter-speeches/