Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Maiden Post!

Well this is it! I am finally blogging!! Call me a latecomer or a copycat, but I really have meant to do this for about a year and a half or so. As my title indicates, though, my life tends to overflow all the time and so I didn't think I was able to fit blogging into it until now!

Why start now? Well my life seems to have come to a new turning point. I am about to embark on a new marriage to Tom, the man of my dreams, I have just moved and renovated my scrapping space/office, summer break is coming in a couple of days and I am finding myself at a moment in my life where I feel it is necessary to regroup and refocus. So I figured that now is as good a time as any to get started.

What do I think the purpose of this blog is? There are multiple answers to that! Here are some that come to mind...

  • Keep me focused on the important things that fill my bucket


  • Provide a way to communicate my thoughts and feelings with others


  • Build deeper relationships with friends, loved ones and our Wishblading Well customers


  • Have a place to showcase my creations


  • Inspire others in any way that I can


  • Share with others

I hope that you will decide to come back and visit my blog. I want to be accountable to others as I journey on this new challenge of mine to enjoy and cherish the things in my life's bucket. And work on keeping things from flowing out of my bucket for lack of proper attention. (Do you Wishblading Well buddies get the connection to the bucket? LOL!)

Part of this whole process has stemmed from me moving my scrapping/stamping/office space from the spare bedroom in my house into the formal dining room. I know that it sounds like a funny thing to do, but it was a necessary move so that I could allow Tom to have an office with a closed door. He is such an important part of my life, and making room for him in my home has been something I am willing to do because I want him to know how happy I am that he is here!

I have been guilty of hiding out in my office which was towards the back of the house. Now I am in a very central location of my home and I am already appreciating being closer to my family even when I am working in my office. I am really proud of what Tom and I have done to my new Studio (that's what I call my scrapping area now! LOL!) I am including some pictures of it below so you can see my new space. It was important to me that it look beautiful since it is smack dab in the middle of my home, yet it had to be functional too! I think we accomplished that! I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures. I plan on sharing some of my organizational methods with you in future posts.









Wish me luck with this whole blogging thing and thanks if you made it this far already! I will try to keep future posts a little shorter!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Now I can keep up with you a bit more ! Really can anyone keep up with you~LOL! I absolutely LOVE the room- very neat and organized. Hope to get mine somewhat near that clean at least! Wishing you the best on blogging!
Maria

The Nielsen Family said...

Woo Hoo! Hope you love blogging. I joined the ranks about six months ago.

Jenn said...

Wow, what a great studio!! Congrats on your new blog (and yes, I got the bucket references lol)

Christy said...

Please do not keep future posts shorter. I loved reading it all. Your studio looks absolutely wonderful. I am so jealous of how
neat and organized. Your blog is wonderful and I am adding it to my google reader. Way to go.

MomInTraining3 said...

Congrats on your Maiden post!!!! I love your scrap space!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the blog thing. Your off to a great start!

Anonymous said...

Hi kelly, you did a great job with your blog. It is so cute. Love your studio as well. It looks beautiful.Love ya, Melissa

Barracudasue said...

Love, love, LOVE your Studio and will be very anxious to hear all about what you are doing and especially the wedding plans!

Anonymous said...

You're room is stunning! Any chance you are in Wisconsin and can help me with mine? LOL!
~ jess k

~*Joni said...

Omword, what a stunning studio! Kelly I think this is absolutely beautiful. Everything is so elegant, as I am sure it reflects who you are as a person! What a wonderful opportunity to move into the dining room. I know it has been a year but I am sure your heart pitter patters every time you walk into it. Thanks so much for joining in on the craft room tour, it will be so much fun getting to pop into people's homes! And I don't even have to provide refreshments...how about that. ;)heehee!

Angie said...

Kelly, your room is so elegant and serene! I can totally see creativitiy flowing in here! It's so fun to see other people's homes and crafting spaces.

Nicole said...

GORGEOUS! I ENVY the decorating part! Mine is functional, but not all that purty!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous studio. Congratulations on the new marriage. And congratulations on joining the blogging world, I am new myself, started about 7 months ago

Ann said...

I love your space! All the white looks so clean, and I LOVE that railof buckets--SO cute and functional!

Unknown said...

amazing space!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogging world:D You will LOVE IT! Your crafting space is simply beautiful:)

Linda . J said...

Wow fantastic room and so organized,thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Linda

Debby said...

What a lovely space. I get the feeling your home is just as lovely. TFS!

Melissa Craig said...

You have an awesome space!!

Linnie said...

OhMy Word what a super workspace you have i have a face a funny green colour at the moment oh yes its called envy lol just a fantastic use of space i looove it
linniexxx

Cassie said...

your studio is beautiful!! love the little curves on your shelves.

Lindsay said...

wow! very beautiful and elegant!
I love those cabinets and shelves with the scalloping on the tops where did you get those? if you dont mind me asking. but that is a great space! totally give me ideas!!! right now the hubby and I are renting but it is our goal to buy by the end of the year, and when we do he promised we would spends some time and money making me an awesome scrap room! yay (love him so much!...but then again maybe thats because he wasn;t a fabulous garage too he hee he)

Sara Strand said...

Seriously? If this were my room- I would never leave!! :) I love it, it is so beautiful I can imagine being inspired just by being in there! Also- welcome to the bloggy world!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!