Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mom is doing Great and I've Been Scrapbooking!

Hello everybody!

I've noticed a few extra (hundred) hits on the blog lately and I am sure that it is because of our announcement regarding the closing of the WBW that we published to our mailing list! If you are joining me on my blog from the link that we sent you, then Welcome!! I am glad to have you here and hope that you will continue to stay in touch with me!


It has been a busy last half of the week for me since my mom had her shoulder surgery! She was so funny because she thought that she would bounce right back and be just fine, but little did she know it would eventually (when her pain block wore off) be quite uncomfortable and even difficult to do some of the things we ordinarily do without even thinking about it! It has been such a treat to spend some additional time with her! I love her so much and really appreciate any time I get to be with her! If I haven't said it before, my mom is the best mom in the whole wide world. She is the best patient in the world, but a little stubborn when it comes to letting me help her do things! I love you Mom!!



This is a picture of me, my daughter Tiffany and my mom from Christmas this past year!


Today has been a fun day for me! Other than the fact that it started with a 7am C-section and it rained all day, it still had some special parts to it!



For starters, Tom and I went wedding ring shopping and I think that we have come very close to finding the rings that we want to give to each other at our wedding! I had to turn my engagement ring in to the jewelers to have it reset into a Tiffany setting so that it would fit into the type of guard wedding band style that I liked. I have to go one week without my ring and my hand feels so naked!! I love the ring that we might get for Tom, but he still wants to do a little looking around and make sure that we are getting the right price!



And then the other part of the day that is so cool is that I am having a slumber party with Tiffani and her boys!! And then tomorrow we are going to go to an all day crop with some of our friends in the area! We have spent the evening preparing pages (and Jello-shots!) for the crop! We are so excited and motivated to be scrapbooking again! We feel like we have lost our confidence in scrapping a little and we are looking forward to seeing if we can find our scrapbooking mojo again!



I'll give you a hint and show you the sketch that I am using to complete a layout with the photos that were taken of Tiffany (my daughter) at the Thresher's game where she threw the first pitch as Wendy!


This sketch came from an online source and was made by Mona! I definitely altered the sketch to turn it into a double page spread that is 12 x 24. I will show you the finished product after I get it done on Sunday!

I hope that you are having a great weekend and I will try to check in again tomorrow! Oh and by the way... I am still dieting and losing weight! Not as fast as I would like, but at least I keep going down and not up!

Kelly :-)



1 comment:

Autoharp delinquent, Sharon said...

I finally found your blog address again. And sweet daughter, I love you very much too. I would not have been able to get thru my surgery time without you. You are the best nurse in the whole world. And that's for sure..... :)
Mom