Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sometimes We Have to Let Go of Things We Love!

Many of you likely know already that Tiffani and I finalized our decision yesterday to stop designing new files for the Wishblading Well and to eventually close the store! While in some ways it was a very hard decision, in others it was easy!


The Wishblading Well has been our baby! It was born when we had the first thought about trying to sell our files to others and it grew to be a website rich in theme and product that we were very proud of. It has truly been a passion for us over the last nearly two years.


Most everyday for over a year and half has started with my first morning cup of coffee enjoyed while reading and responding to emails from the site. My to-do list (virtual, not for real like Tiffani makes) always had "designing files" or "converting files" on it...day after day!! It came to be that we felt like we were failing you all by not designing files and converting files fast enough to keep up with the demands and requests! Because we are such perfectionists at what we do, we didn't see that it was possible to continue on without doing the best job we knew we could. So the decision was made to relieve ourselves of the pressures and admit that we just don't have the time that it takes to continue to do the Wishblading Well at the level we feel it deserves.


Are we going to miss it? Of course we are in some ways! We can't even tell you how many wonderful people we have met during this process! I thank God for new friends and acquaintances that I have found through the Wishblading Well and through the Cutting Community! I do not want to lose touch with any of you and hope that you will stay involved with me and my life as your time allows through my blog and through email! Even Tiffani has promised that she will pop in now and then and leave a note for you guys on my blog!


So what am I going to do now? Well, I am going to keep up with my blog because I started this for a more personal reason to keep me accountable to my own goals and to maintain connections with my friends, loved ones and family members. So, I will definitely keep blogging!


I am going to spend a lot more time actually scrapbooking! It is really funny if not sad, that the reason we got into cutting files and the Wishblading Well was because of scrapbooking, however, since starting the WBW, our time to scrapbook for our own personal use has practically disappeared! That is going to change immediately! I have plans to scrap with some friends this weekend and I am really looking forward to it!


I am going to enjoy my time with my family more! The days of me sitting in front of my computer while they are out watching TV without me will be few and far between! We live in beautiful sunny Florida and I want to spend more of my time out enjoying this beautiful area instead of spending it mostly in front of my computer!


I am going to be planning my wedding!! I am blessed with having found my soul mate and we have finally chosen a date of November 15th to get married! I can't wait to spend some time getting all of that organized and planned! We are having a beautiful beach wedding at sunset and then VEGAS here we come!! Look forward to many more posts on this topic!!


I also want to spend more time doing gardening and kayaking and other hobbies that I also love. And I want to find more time to spend with my local friends. It will be nice to have more time for Tiffani and I to get together for more girl time including shopping, movies, lunches and etc! (Think Sex and the City! LOL!)


If you remember when I first started this blog, my goals included finding moderation in the things that I do! Well with this new decision, I hope to continue to work towards that goal and actually find the time to do all the things in my life that are so important to me!


We can't tell you how appreciative we are of the wonderful notes and words of encouragement and even sorrow that many of you have left for us in our email! It is people like you that we will miss servicing! But please don't go far! Come back here and visit!


You can sign up to receive my posts via email on the left side of this blog! I promise there will be some content that interests you if not some occasional free files! I am not leaving the cutting community, just changing avenues a bit!


Thanks for understanding this hard decision we made and I hope you have a great day!
I am taking my mom to surgery later this morning so she can have some shoulder spurs removed. Please say a prayer for her!
Talk to you soon!
Kelly :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been an honor and pleasure to be one of the last members of the WBW design team and I want to publicly thank you and Tiffani for ALL the hard work you put into the Well and giving me the opportunity to be a part of it. The files were always amazing and they inspired me in more ways than you will ever know! Although I will miss making my submissions and having the challenge of coming up with things "out of the box", as I have already told you, I totally understand. PUBLICLY, I wish you all the best in your futures and you will never know how much I have come to adore you both!

Chris Durnan said...

Congratulations on your decision. I am sorry to see Wishblading Well close its virtual doors, but in life I find those toughest decisions can be the right ones. It reads as if you are happy and moving in a positive direction. I look forward to chatting with you in the future and know you will be awesome at anything you choose to accomplish in the future! Enjoy! Chris

Anonymous said...

It was an honor to be on the DT this past 6 months. Your files inspired me to create things that I never would have normally done, and I will miss your designs, but everyone has to make decisions that are for them, and you and Tiffani have made yours, and I wish you all the best, and will check in on your blog whenever time permits. Thank you for everything!