Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hip Hop Birthday Wishes!

Hello and Happy Thursday!!


It's Hip Hop time!!

Today is the day that the Unity and Ippity DT members share some inspiration with fellow Unity/Ippity fans!  It is one of my favorite days of the week to post and it is definitely one of my favorite  days to visit the rest of the blogs presenting with me!  These girls give me so much inspiration week after week and I am so honored to be in the same hop with them!!

Hopefully you have started out at the beginning of the Hop from the Unity blog.  And if you have been following along, you should be arriving to me from the wonderful Karen Maldonado's blog.

Our talented Maria has given us another sketch to work with this week!  It is a great one that could be used over and over again.  So I hope that you will give it a try and join us in this week's HH Sketch Challenge (HHSC11!)


Here is the card that I came up with.  I let the papers from Kaiser Craft do a lot of the work for me and had fun pairing the style of the Ippity stamp I used with the style of the art work on the DP.



The flower stamp I used is from the new Faith Blooms set that was just released this Spring.  It also uses the birthday sentiment from the Just Wanted to Say set.  To purchase either of these sets, just click on THIS LINK to be taken to the Ippity Chick Locator page on the Ippity blog!  At the end of this Hop you will end up at the Ippity Blog with a new tutorial from Eva!


I colored in the flower with Copic markers and added some cute green pom pom trim to accent the bottom scallop.  The top scallop was created with a Martha Stewart border punch!

So without further delay... head on over to the next blog on today's Hip Hop and go and visit the talented Lisa  Arana's blog!

Next Blog

Happy Hip Hop and have a wonderful Thursday!!

27 comments:

wig4usc said...

What a happy, pretty card!! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card.... the bright colors are wonderful!

Thanks so much for sharing!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Beer koozies said...

I read the articles and all the things here inside this blog .,I got many information that. I really need .Thanks for sharing.

farmhouse-story said...

such a happy card, kelly! love the pom poms!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

wow I love this Kelly just makes me smile so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love all the happy colors and that flower is so cute!!! love it!

lisa a.

Lisa H. said...

such a HAPPY card, Kelly! love this. that paper looks like it was made to go with this stamp. tfs!

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card. Great colors and just love how you used the stamps for this sketch.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great colors! So vibrant and fun!

Anonymous said...

Stunning colors!! Fabulous card!!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful fun card! I love it :)

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful , Bright and oh so cheerful.. love the colours!! Great card Kelly.

Sherry Campbell said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Maria said...

Oh so wonderful Kelly! LOVE the colors! Nice job

Stampin Cats said...

Awesome card. Love the colors.

Heather said...

I am SOOOOOOO loving these bright cheery colors with this super sweetie of a card! So fun and LOVE the pom ribbon treatment! Hugs girlio!

Rachel B said...

Your card is so bright and fun. Love it!

Eva said...

OH my goodness, girlie..this is the cuuuutest card ever. So agree, those papers are perfect with the adorable stamp and wow...so love the way you colored it, too...this is just ADORABLE! Hugs...

Karen said...

So diggin' the flowers here Kelly..especially the way you colored! Your card is sooooo fabulous and love the little green pom pom's below!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Kelly!! Love the fun bright colors!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! Love the colors. This card just makes me smile :)

Angela Fehr said...

Totally fun and colourful!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Your colours are soooo gorgeous!

Lisa said...

what a bright, happy card!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! Love the color! Such a cheerful card! :)

Anonymous said...

Purple is such a tough color for me but this card makes me want to dive in...I LOVE it :) The pop of green is fabulous!!

JessicaK said...

Beautiful colors and happy flowers. :D