Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Whimsie Doodles are Here!!

First I have a little housekeeping and then I will get right on with showing you my samples for today's Whimsie Doodles release!!

First, today is my Anniversary and I wanted to take a moment to publicly tell all of you how grateful I am to have a husband who allows me the time it takes in my craft room to pursue my passion and reach my  goals in the stamping community!  These projects don't make themselves and neither do the blog posts, so you can imagine the amount of time that I spend doing these things.  I promised him the day to day and so we are going to go head out with no for sure direction in mind, but hope to end up at a local Ribfest where Zack Brown will be performing.  (Turn your speakers up if you don't know who Zack Brown is! He is the guy singing the first song on my Playlist called "Toes")  It will be a wonderful day!!



Secondly, thanks to all of you for your kind and humorous comments about yesterday's layout.  I felt really rusty getting into doing a layout again, but you all were very encouraging and inspired me to try it more often!  So that is what I am going to try and do!!

I was thrilled to death when I received a Facebook message from Marah Johnson (the lady who designed the Creative Imaginations paper called King of Rock that I used in my layout yesterday) asking me if I would let her put my layout on her blog!  Are you kidding me???  It took me all of one second to decide yes!!!Of course you can!!  I think she is posting it today, but go to her blog anyway because she has some amazingly inspirational creations on there that could leave you surfing for a while!!  And check out her collections of CI papers, I think you will be surprised to see that you have a lot of them in your stash .  I know that I do!!  Thank you Marah for contacting me!!



And Thirdly, today is the 15th of the month which means that a new Dirty Dozen Fan Club Gallery is officially open!!  The theme this month was "In Touch with Texture" and all of the projects contain really cool textures on them!! You won't want to miss it!!  And I can tell you that you will see {Ippity}, Unity and a Whimsie Doodles project in there!  I hope you will take a look!  You will have to be a Fan Club member to view it, but hopefully you will join if you haven't already!!



Now, onto the goods!!

Whimsie Doodles is releasing four new stamp sets today that are perfect for the upcoming holidays!! Have you started your Christmas cards yet???  Now you have a great excuse to do so!!


The first one is called Pull Toy Pony...



Here is my sample using this image...


Remember that the beauty of digistamps is that they can be resized and turned in any direction.  I chose to horizontally flip my image for today's card.  I colored the image with Copic markers in light girly colors and placed it on top of some cute glittery paper from MME called Winter Wonderland.  The snowflake punches and border punch and the ribbon are all MS.  The pink trim is from Joann's and I used the Nestabilitie Label 1 to cut out the shape.





The sentiment I used is from the Holiday Sentiments collection at WD.



Another set being released today is called Penguin Muffin Top...





Again I used the MME DP and some ribbon from MM and MS   This image was cut out using Nestabilitie Label 6.  The penguin was colored with Copics and a glitter glue was added to the frosting on the muffin!




At this angle you can see the glitter sparkle really well!





The sentiment I used is from the WD collection called Sweet Sentiments


The last two sets I didn't get a chance to make a sample for, but here they are anyway...









Sorry for the long post, but sometimes there is just a lot to be said!!  I hope that you have a wonderful Sunday and by the time you read this I plan on being relaxed with my husband celebrating our first anniversary!!  

Have a wonderful day and may your bucket overflow with fun ways to celebrate your day today!!

8 comments:

JPScraps said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wishing you a wonderful day :)

Teri said...

Hope you have a great day today! Look after your bloke - they do have their uses!!
Those cards are fabulous!!
Hugs,
Teri x

Katie Skiff said...

Enjoy your day!! Enjoy Zack Brown!! You lucky girl...day with 2 great guys!

I love these new images...of course. I have a bunch of WD cards to post this week. Now I have to add this penguin to my muffin line up.
Gonna spend some time in the fan club gallery this afternoon!

Sheri Gilson said...

Happy Anniversary!! Have a fabulous day with your hubby!!

Another fabulous batch of cards!!

berg4 said...

Enjoy the day with yuo hubby. Happy Anniversary to you both!

mulberry station said...

Happy anniversary!!! Your cards are wonderful! I sure love the new images from Whimsie Doodles and you have done a fabulous job with them.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary!!Big congrats on your layout!!And of course your cards are fabulous!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary, Kelly!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I do totally love your layout, how hilarious! You look just as beautiful today as you did in the picture, tan or no tan! LOL! Blessings, Nicole