Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let's Make Gingerbread Men!!

It's that time of year when it is fun to plan family activities that involve making memories and spending time together.  The holidays ilicit so many memories in my mind and I love to make traditions that we can continue each year. One year we made gingerbread houses and had such a good time doing it, but due to certain circumstances the following years, it never got repeated and never became a tradition.  Maybe this is the year we can try it again!!



Just in case we decide to have a Gingerbread making party this year, I already have one invitation ready!!
 

OK, I am just teasing... I actually made these for a Card challenge going on over at the PaperCraft Planet's Whimsie Doodles group.  My fellow DT member Joni, had put out a challenge for all of us to create a project using two images that come from two different Whimsie Doodles sets.  I thought how cute to use all the Gingers to make this invitation. So my invitation images come from  FOUR different sets!!  I think I should win a prize!!! LOL!!

Speaking of prizes, there are  some really good things going on over there, so if you are a fan of Whimsie Doodles stamps, or want to see more of them in use, you should sign up at the PCP site and join our group.

  HERE is the link for you!  

We will be choosing our Guest Designers for upcoming month's from the submissions to our PCP Challenges and we also have occasional free images for our members there.  So please stop by and check it out!


So, onto today's project... my Gingerbread Party Invitation...


This is a flat invitation sized 4.25 x 5.5, so I could make four out of one 8.5x 11 sheet.  To keep it simple and flat for easier mailing, I simply inserted all my digi images onto a sheet of paper and also added my text boxes and just printed them all at once.  Then I colored my images in using Copics and added a touch of an opaque pen for the icing on tall the Gingers.  Don't look too closely at the white, because it was hard to keep it in these tiny lines!!



The adorable DP is a new one that I got from my LSS and is made by Anna Griffin.  I also used Brown CS from Bazzill, and Red CS from the Paper Co.  The decorative border punch is from Martha Stewart!

It does sound like a fun get together and maybe I just ought to plan on having this party!!  Hope you are having a great day and by the lateness of this post, you may have gathered that I have been busy at work today!! 

I'll be back tomorrow with a Sweet Sketch Wednesday post, so be sure to come back.

Also, thanks to Lindsay Spencer, (one of the talented artists for Unity and Ippity stamps) I learned that the link to my Ippity blog in yesterday's post was not working, so if you want to check out my new site where I will be selling Ippity, you can do so HEREMore to come on this in the near future!



Have a great night and may your bucket be overflowing with exciting plans for your upcoming holiday season!


2 comments:

Teri said...

I think you should win a prize too! Looks really yummy - wish I lived over there!
Hugs,
Teri x

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling invitation Kelly!! I just love the gingerbread images!!