Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ready for Ava Rae!


My sister's daughter Lindsay is expecting her first baby any day now. I feel so privileged that she has invited me to attend her birth. It might be because she knows I have just a little experience in taking care of babies and in attending deliveries, but I am hoping it is because we are just so close she couldn't do it without me! (LOL!) I am so thrilled to be able to be a part of it and I am also happy to be with my sister when she becomes a Nana for the first time! It is going to be very special!




Lindsay and Barry



You might remember the shower invitations for her that were made with the Princess theme. You can see them HERE. Continuing with that theme, we needed to prepare the nursery. So to get the nursery ready for the Princess Ava Rae's arrival, Lindsay supervised while her BF Barry and I painted the nursery. They chose pink as their wall color to match the Princess bedding and accessories. It came out beautifully and I wanted to share with you some pictures of it!


Barry was rolling, I was cutting in!




Lindsay was sorting clothes.



This is the finished project!




These altered letters were a gift from me to Lindsay for her shower. We left a white space of paint around them that we will eventually frame in with some tulle wrapped around a picture frame.



I added the pink DP and the purple CS that was stamped with images from Unity's Spunky Princess set to the letters using modge podge and then added some flowers, ribbons and acrylic stickers to continue with the princess theme of her room. She hung them above the crib.






Lindsay is pointing to the vinyl Princess lettering and crown that we applied to the wall. You can't see the letters in this shot, but isn't my niece just adorable?




This is a close up of the vinyl lettering and crown. The photo came out badly but you get the idea! The changing table should be delivered any day and will go under this on the wall.



My mom (Great Granny to-be) recovered the cushions to the rocker she will be using for those middle of the night feedings! More pink!!

The nursery is ready and waiting for its Princess to arrive!


Hurry up Ava Rae! We want you now!!!

Thanks for taking a look at a glimpse into the personal side of my world. I promise to post pictures of the Little Princess once she arrives! We are kind of hoping for Monday since that is the day that My Grampa (Ava's Great, Great GF) turns 96!! Wouldn't that be neat?

Make the best of your day and I hope that your bucket overflows with happy anticipation for things you await!

3 comments:

mulberry station said...

How beautiful Kelly...I bet you can't wait for the new little one to get here. Ava's room is just adorable. It is so much fun to have little ones around. Best of luck and well wishes to your family!

Sheri Gilson said...

Kelly, thank you so much for sharing!! Ava's room is ADORABLE!! Congrats and Best Wishes to your family!!

Thanh Vo said...

Such a precious room! What a proud auntie you must be.