Friday, August 28, 2009

The Last Hip Hop Hangover

If you are a Unity stamp fan like I am then you know that yesterday was the last Hip Hop blog hop for Unity. But don't worry! They aren't going anywhere, they are just changing things up a bit! So if there aren't any more HH's then there can't be any more Hangovers after today's. So enjoy my last contribution towards the last Hip Hop Hangover!



Even though I am curious to see what is in store for us with Unity, I know that it will be good! So I am celebrating the upcoming changes and calling today a Happy Day!!



Here is my happy card in celebration of things to come...




I am so excited to be using this dragonfly stamp from Unity's August KOM because I am on the Whimsie Doodles Design Team with the very talented artist who drew this. Her name is Kelli Caslow and she makes some really awesome cards too! Please check out her blog and send her some love if you like her dragonfly! I hope to see more stamps of hers in our Unity kits in the future!

The colors for this card come from a color challenge at the Florida Group at Stamp TV. I just got it done in time!


I have a couple of other Unity cards to share with you today too! I was able to complete both of the Hip Hop challenges on the forum yesterday. In fact the one you see below won the da da da Doodle contest where we had to use some doodling on our card. I was awarded the Hullabaloo stamp as my prize! Woohoo!!






This card uses the adorable old fashioned phone from the Everyday Adorable set. I paperpieced the four handsets and placed them in each of the corners and framed my card with doodles phone cords. The DP is from We R Memory Keepers. The phone was colored using my Copic markers.



The last card I want to show you combines FOUR challenges in one!! I have been behind making my challenge cards this week at SCS so I decided to get all caught up today!!


The first challenge for the next card is CC233 to use Red, Kraft and Chocolate Chip.


The second challenge was SC243 which was this week's sketch challenge.


The third challenge was WT233 which was to use Vintage ephemera on our card.


And the last challenge was the Hip Hop challenge Ta ta ta Texture. We were supposed to add some type of texture to our card.



See what you think!! I like what I ended up with!




The stamps I used were from the 100% Happiness in-store kit. The red dotted DP is from K & Co. and the Vintage label is from Flair Designs. The texture was added with my Swiss Dots embossing folder and my Cuttlebug!

If you are interested in getting the next in-store kit I hope you will go to the Paper Maniac to get yours! My good friend Stephanie Muzzulin is on their DT!

Hope you are enjoying the last HHH and are getting inspired by the talented fans of Unity Stamp Co. May your bucket overflow with good changes for you in the future!

19 comments:

Heather said...

Nice cards Kelly! How exciting about the baby too ;)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Kelly,

These are both awesome love your doddle card it's perfect!!!

Sara Henton said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love what you made!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful line up Kelly!! Love them all!

FibreJunky said...

I think you nailed all 4 of those challenges in the one card - and that's not easy to do. I think my favourite of the 3 cards is the first one, though. So pretty!

Unknown said...

wow, all amazing :)

Katy said...

all such great cards!

Unknown said...

Wow Kelly, all three cards are terrific! Your phone doodling if perfect!

Lisa H. said...

wow! as always, gorgeous work! LOVE that first one-stunning!

Angie Blom said...

great cards.

Ravengirl said...

So cute and clever! You are an amazingly talented crafter!

Pamela said...

Fabulous cards! I love them all!!!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

ANAT S said...

awesome cards

love all the details

Rona said...

Awesome cards!!

Monika in VA said...

3 fantastic cards!

Arlana 11426 said...

Such fun cards Kelly . Love all of them .

Dawn M said...

love how you used the journaling stamp on a card

Kelli said...

You are so right, I should have been blog hopping, I would for sure have been able to avoid waxing my kitchen floor! LOL!!

Love your work!!