Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Hip Hop Hangover!!



I am a little later in posting today than planned, so sorry about that!




So let's get on with the HHH cards!! I have three cards to share with you today that all use Unity Stamps. If you have been to some of the forums this week then you may have seen these, but it's all I have for you today!!




This first card was made for the Hip Hop Challenge yesterday called "the Great Outdoors" where we had to use a stamped image of anything you would find outside the house. I chose to do a beach scene and used my Sun and sentiment image from Unity's July KOM and the bucket and shovel from the Beach Days and Sun Rays set. The DP is from October Afternoon.



Sunshine and Sand


I had the opportunity to use a new product that I picked up at CHA which is sand that already comes with the glue in it. It is made by Muddpuddles.net and comes in many colors. The color I used here is called Malibu Beach and is their most popular color. It was so easy to use and it really makes a great affect on projects!



Look at how realistic the sand is. It is also very durable and stays glued down very well with no evidence of the glue left on the sand!




This card also was made for the Clean and Simple card challenge CAS26 on SCS on Monday to use stitching on our project. I used yellow thread and added machine stitching to make more sun rays coming out of the sun. The waves were made using another tool I bought at CHA which is called the Ultimate Crafter's Companion. The box comes with embossing/debossing plates in various patterns. I thought this looked like waves and so I used it and then inked it to add dimension!
I am pleased as punch to say that this card won a free stamp set for me and was the challenge winner chosen by Jeanne last night!! Woohoo!!




My next Unity card is for the second Hip Hop Challenge which was called "Break Out the Buttons!" For this challenge we had to use three buttons on our project. I chose to use these adorable little flowers from the 100% Happiness in-store kit. (You can see lots more from this set if you do the Hip Hop yesterday starting on the Unity Stamp Co. blog!) I paperpieced some of this adorable Scenic Route paper and tilted my mats to make this sweet, whimsical card!!

Three Times the Sweetness

And finally I will share with you my first submission for the Guest Designer challenge at Unity. I don't think this is a winning entry and I will definitely be submitting some more samples because of that. I don't know where my mojo was for this one! LOL!!

The challenge was called a 1-2-3 challenge. We had to use 1 stamp (that could be stamped multiple times), 2 DP's and 3 embellishments. I think the cool thing about this card is that I did mask off the ice cream cone and left only the cherry on top which I proceeded to stamp many times to make my own background paper. It was tedious, but I like how it came out! The rest of the card is just OK for me!


So there you have them! Three Unity cards for your HHH viewing pleasure. I hope that you are on the blog hop to see all the rest of the customer's creations today. If you haven't started from the Unity Blog, then please click HERE to start at the beginning!!

Have a great day and happy hangover day!! May your bucket be overflowing with tons of Unity style inspiration!! I can't wait to see what Unity has in store for us come September when Hip Hop changes to some new form of blog hopping!! The suspense is killing me!!

22 comments:

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' your cards!!! tfs!!

chickadee3357 said...

Nice cards! I'm lovin' the three times the sweetness card. Good luck on the Guest Designer Challenge.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

The sand is sooo cool! Congrats on your win, doesn't it feel good especially when free stamps are involved?

Krista said...

Your Sunshine & Sand card is amazing. I just LOVE it!

Jennifer Aviles said...

OH MY WORD, your work is gorgeous! WOWZA!

Pamela said...

Love all the cards, but man that first card is AWESOME!!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

I remember your cards on SCS. Fabulous!

Shemaine Smith said...

Gorgeous card girl!!! Congrats on winning the challenge yesterday!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love all your cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I absolutely ADORE all of these projects!! Your style is marvelous!! I have to follow your blog. >:0)

mulberry station said...

I was going to say oh my goodness too...but the gal before me beat me to it...hum, really really cute cards Kelly, as always!!!

Pam Speidel said...

Goodness sakes Kelly! You have been one very busy stamper! Love all your projects today! Picture me on that beach card...no bikini though! lol :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow great job with the Untiy cards love every last one!!!

JazzyH said...

Great cards!

Christine said...

All of your cards are spectacular. I really love the first one with all the details. What time and effort must have gone into that one. So glad you won!
I love your style.
xoxo, Christine

Angie Blom said...

these are fantastic, love the sand.. just amazing.

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous cards! Congrats on winning the challenge!

ANAT S said...

ong
your cards are fabulous!!!!!

Monika in VA said...

Oh ~ that sand is amazing! I love the clear buttons & the cheery bg paper is wonderful!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super adorable cards Kelly!! I love the sand on the first one. Great job!!

Unknown said...

Wow Kelly, absolutely amazing cards...I luv that sand...thanks for the inspiration!