Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's that Sweet Time Again!




Yep it's Wednesday which means that it is time for another wonderful sweet sketch to play with from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Have you heard of it before... or are you new to this blog? Well be sure to check out the SSW blog each Wednesday for some wonderfully creative sketches to play with that you will want to use over and over again!




Here is today's sketch...








The card that I decided to make this week has a specially sweet meaning because it is the card that I gave to my sweet baby sister Michelle (who I named my own daughter after!) Her birthday was actually last week, but I couldn't share this with you then until the sketch was released! So let's wish her a public Happy Birthday today OK?








HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!



My daughter's Michelle and Leah with their Aunt Michelle (in the middle.)



So Many Candles




The candles border stamp and the cake stamp (in the Hodge Podge of Happiness kit) come from Unity. The sentiment stamp is one of Dee Gruenig's that I bought at my local craft store. The DP is from BG's Lime Ricky collection and I colored my images using my copics and stamped the sentiment with SU's Pumpkin Pie.






If you look closely at the candles I have added stickles where the flame is to make it shimmer if the light hits it right. The paper flowers are from Prima and I can't remember the name of the company that made the fabric flowers on the bottom. I colored some BG brads with my Copics to customize the color for this card.



Here is a picture of my sister Michelle with her fiance Claude.

They are getting married in January 2010!

The family met up at my sister's house last Thursday for a little surprise with cake and ice cream! I hope she had a special day! I love you Michelle!!

To see more of what the DT created with this week's sketch head on over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog and start hopping around. You can also get to their blogs using my list on the side bar!

May the rest of your Wednesday be even sweeter than it has already and may your bucket overflow with happy celebrations with sweet people that you love!


7 comments:

Teri said...

Hiya, lovely cheerful birthday card. I'm sure she loved it!
Hugs,
Teri x

Rose said...

Great card Kelly! Love what you did with the sketch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Kelly!! I love the candle border. Great job!

mulberry station said...

Darling card kelly and Happy Birthday Michelle!!!

Heather said...

Nice birthday card.

I want to know how you managed to name your dark haired daughter after her dark haired aunt? LOL

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kelly, what an amazing and special card - love the gorgeous bright colours and the special little touches to the candles.

Lisa T said...

Great card! Happy birthday to your sister.