Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a Sweet Wednesday it is!


It's Wednesday, aka Hump Day for some of you that have Monday to Friday jobs! But for me Wednesday's are really SWEET days because they are the days when a new Sweet Sketch is released from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog and I get to share with you a creation I made following that sketch! This Wednesday is especially sweet because it is the fourth Wednesday of the month which means there is also a Color Challenge with this month's sketch! SWEET!!




Arlana, the sketch designer has been a little under the weather, and I hope she is feeling better! She always has such neat sketches to use. They are the fun kind where you get to add a lot of special touches. I happen to like the busier cards more than just the clean and simple ones I have been showing you lately. But the neat thing is that you can always uses the sketches to fit your needs! I hope you will go and get the sketch and play along with us this week!




Here is this week's Sweet Sketch number 12!






These are the colors she chose for the challenge...






And here is the card that I made from it! (My couch really is red, but it photographed kind of pink!)





Sitting Here Thinking of You






This card uses a new stamp set that I got when I was at CHA earlier this month. It is such a cute set from Papertrey Ink called On My Couch Additions. They were out of the main On My Couch set, but the accessories set that I got still comes with a whole chair and all the makings for a room!



Here is a closeup of the scene I created using that set...




I wasn't sure if the geometric designs were supposed to be pictures or pillows, but I think they could be either. I used them as pictures on this card! LOL! The DP's come from many sources. The "wallpaper" is from Sassafrass, the card base is from Scenic Route and the ornge dotted paper is unknown. I used SU inks; Real Red, Certainly celery and Pumpkin Pie for the couch, carpet and pictures respectively. The senitiment was stamped with Amuse Black ink. My Copic markers were used to add shadows and color the pictures. The sentiment was sponged using one of the nesties as a template with So Saffron SU ink.






I bought the yellow gingham ribbon from a local stamping expo that came to town and the orange felt flower I bought online but don't remember from where! The border punch I used is from Martha Stewart.




I created the look of wood floors by coloring with my Copic markers onto white cardstock in stripes and then going over some of the stripes a second time to add a deeper color and make it appear like streaks of woodgrain. I think it looks pretty realistic for paper! By adding an outline of gray around the bottoms and right sides of the carpet, couch and pictures I tried to give the illusion of depth with the light source coming from the upper left hand side of the room.

So head on over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog where you can see all the creations that the DT made up for you to look at. It is always fun to see how different people interpret the sketches. Come along with us and join in the fun and make sure you share your project on the SSW blog so we can all see it!

Have a SWEET day and may your bucket overflow with lots of people that you can sit and think about that make you smile!

13 comments:

Lisa T said...

Great card! Love the circle paper!

Rose said...

This is so cute Kelly! I love the Papertey stamps! I love what you did with the colors, such fun!

Teri said...

What a bright and breezy card! Really zings out at ya!!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Teri x

mulberry station said...

Kelly, what a great card!!! You did a wonderful job on the challenge. Your cards are always beautiful.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Kelly!! I love how you made it look like a room. Great job!!

Arlana 11426 said...

Kelly, Thanks so mcuh for the well wishes. Your card is so fun. I love the papertrey set that you used and how you made it look just like a living room. Great job with my colors too!!!

Katie Skiff said...

Super cute Kelly!! I love the living room feel! This set is on my Wish List too!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Awesome card Kelly love the stamps, the paper, everything!!!

Jessica G. said...

Such a happy card! I really like how you used the DP; it's perfect for wallpaper, too. And those squares make wonderful modern art!!

Sharon said...

What a cute card! Using markers to make the wood floor was super creative. I cant think out side the "KNK" box long enough to stamp a card.

Love all your cards. So creative and detailed.

Sharon

CraftieConnie said...

This is a Fun-tastic card Kelly! Love the colors and layout! Great image too!

Liz Weber said...

Wow Kelly just love the bright vibrant colours on this very cool card - love the theme and the whole set of stamps and papers you have used!

sweetbloominscraps said...

That is way too cute! Love how your put it all together!!