Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Recap!

I did hear from our lucky BLOG CANDY winner Grammy, so her goodies should get mailed out by tomorrow! I wanted to let you know that there won't be a drawing for a back up winner on Wednesday since she did get in touch with me! Congratulations again Grammy!!!

I had so much fun hanging with my girls over the weekend! I haven't laughed so much in a long time! It is a wonderful thing when your kids grow up and even though you remain their parent, you also become friends. I love all my kids so much and am so thankful for them!




The boys didn't have the best of weekends because no fish were caught, but it does sound like they got in some male bonding nonetheless! Maybe they should have come to Gainesville with us... we had a blast!!! LOL!




Our task for the weekend was to prepare Leah's UF Graduation announcements. Unfortunately all we could do was get some prep work done because Mom (aka me!) left without her Nesties, tape and envelopes, all of which were in the bag that remained in my scraproom all weekend instead of making it to Gainesville with us!




We were able to get a lot of pre-cuts made that will make the actual assembly process quicker, but there is still a lot to do.




Here is the prototype of the announcement we are making...


The announcement has a blue base which is placed on the white card. The white layer with the corners notched also is embossed and printed on with the words "Class of 2009." Then there is a gold circle with a white circle on top of it that has been printed with the UF logo and also embossed.

There are a lot of steps to complete one card and we need 60-70 announcements so we are going to have to get busy since her graduation is under one month away! Wish us luck!!

I promise to upload some photos of more Easter and other cards that I have made recently, but I don't have much time for the computer today!


Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with fun time spent with your kids!

No comments: