Thursday, April 23, 2009

Unity Colors My World!

Well actually I color their stamps! Ha Ha, but that was the name of the challenge that I entered my latest card into. The challenge was posted on SCS Unity Forum for today's Hip Hop!


The challenge was to use colors of the earth... specifically blue, green and a neutral color which could be brown. I pulled out my BG Archaic line of papers and it spoke to me and led me to Unity's February Kit of the Month which contains that adorable Snail image with the sentiment Snail Mail!


The sketch for this card comes from a brand new stamping network created by Unity called My Unity Place. In that network, there is a new Group of Sketch Lovers. Amber created this sketch for us to use...





Here is the card I created using the HH colors with the sketch turned on it's side and followed loosely.




I think it turned out kind of cute! I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it, so it doesn't have a lot of detail. But I think leave it with a more earthy quality!




Some lucky participant from the Hip Hop Challenge will win a stamp from Unity. Wish me luck!!



I had a horrible day at work and my body is aching. Taking a bit of time to make a card was just what I needed tonight, but I am going to call it a night early. Signing off til next time!


Have a great night and may your bucket overflow with enough advil to take away your aches and pains! (Just a little humor tonight!) My advil isn't working yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOVE this card Kelly, and the one for Earth day, and the bug, and the baby card, and I can go on and on and on... I am glad I visited your blog today, I needed to bust my creativity...and you are a great source of inspiration. Everything you do is STUNNING!... I have left an award for you in my blog... here is the direct link...http://www.scraps4fun.com/2009/04/received-award.html

HUGS...SK :)

PS: Your Copic Coloring is getting better and better.... :)