Monday, April 27, 2009

Go Fly a Kite!

Today was a fun challenge for me! The card I created actually combines two challenges! I am really starting to like (yet continue to be challenged by) the Clean and Simple Challenges that are hosted on Mondays over at Splitcoast Stampers.


We were challenged today to use "Little Bits of Ribbon" on our cards! Those of you who know me know that I have a rather large collection of fibers. Many years ago my favorite type of swap was to swap fibers/ribbons with other members of the forum that I belonged to. It really helped to build up my collection! I just can't seem to pass up a sale on ribbon. Have you been loving those adorable, and inexpensive ribbons that Michael's has been selling lately??


Anyway, on to the challenge card. Today's card was also inspired by a challenge given by Asela over at Stamp TV. Every Friday she gives us a new batch of colors to work with. This week's colors were so bright and vibrant. I loved them. They were like a breath of fresh air!


Here is the color inspiration...



And here is my Clean and Simple card that I made with these colors...


The Fine Print: DP: Colorbok Friendly Forest paper pack; CS: Georgia Pacific; Stamps: Unity (Kites and sentiment April KOM); Ink: Amuse Black; Markers: Copics; Ribbon: Michael's; Cuttlebug embossing folder: Frills; Technique: Paper piecing.


This card is going to my niece Cassidy who turns 14 this weekend. I am trying to decide on a comment relating to Kites to put on the inside.

I was thinking something like "Hope you have a high flying time for your birthday!" But I don't want it to sound like she should get high as a kite, if you know what I mean! LOL!!



Any suggestions? I would love for you to leave me a comment on this post about what I should put on the inside of this card that would relate to kites and be appropriate for my niece. Thanks!!


I did find a really nice quote that I will definitely be using with the great Unity Kite stamps in the future. Lauren Bacall was quoted to say "Imagination is the highest kite that one can fly. " I think that is really inspirational!


I have finally finished my projects for my DT application. I hope to have my blog post with all my projects done tomorrow or at least Wednesday at the latest.

Talk to you soon! May your bucket overflow with bright colors that make you happy!

2 comments:

Heather Brown said...

So glad that you introduced yourself in the Unity Forum today!! Your blog is great and your stuff is so fresh and fun!! Thanks for joining us!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I love the bright colors on this. Great Card!!!