Friday, April 17, 2009

Here's a Sweet One For You!

Just a really quick post tonight! I hope to get some time over the weekend to produce some more cards and maybe even a layout! I am on call this weekend so we will see how my days go!


I have one card to show you today. I made it following a color challenge that my friend Asela (stamp designer for Gina K Designs) gave to the Florida Group on Stamp TV. Every week she challenges us with new colors for inspiration.


Here are the colors she chose...


Here is the card I made following her colors... Of course I couldn't help but think about girls with all that pink she gave us. So I made this card to celebrate the birth of a baby girl!


The DP I used is from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl collection. The colors seemed to fit perfectly with the challenge. I also added some cardstock from Bazzill and SU to coordinate. The sentiment stamp is from the SU set called So Many Scallops.


I knew I wanted to use a onesie stamp on this card but the only ones I have are really small. So I found a template online and then printed it out onto paper and cut it out along with my DP to make the polka dotted onesie that you see on the front. HERE is a link to that template. This site has some really great templates that I encourage you to use.


To frill up the onesie a little bit I cut two scalloped ovals with my Nestabilities and attached the smaller one on top of the larger one and then just cut out the neck to match the onesie's outline. I love how it looks! I used Regal Rose SU ink for the Sweet One sentiment. The ribbon comes from the dollar spot at Target. A Martha Stewart punch was used to fancy up the accent piece on the card front!


I have a niece who is having a baby in September. Rumor has it that she is having a girl. This card could possibly end up in her hands one day!


Thanks for looking! Have a great night and may your bucket be overflowing with lots of pretty pink things!!

1 comment:

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Kelly! Love the colors:-)