Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fun with new Designer Papers!

As much as I appreciate the wonderful meaning of Easter, I have to say that from a card making standpoint I am very glad it is over. I was sooooo ready to move on to brighter colors that don't closely resemble those that you dye eggs with! LOL!


I recently have visited two of my LSS and picked up (too many) new DP's to play with. Usually when I buy paper I buy at least two of each kind so I could make a double paged 12x12 SB layouts with them, but this time was different! I actually shopped for paper just keeping card making in mind! I had so much fun grabbing up just one page of all those wonderful new releases!


The colors out there are so bright right now!!! The first card I am going to show you uses DP from Luxe Designs, from their Polo Shirt line. I love how they all coordinate so beautifully together! (I think I still have enough leftover to do a SB layout too!!)


Check out this card that I made for a dear friend of my husband's who had a birthday over the weekend. (I know, the card was late... shame on me!) This card was cased from this card in Inge's SCS Gallery. She was Sunday's Featured stamper at Splitcoast! I changed the colors, and the stamped image, but kept her layout.

The Fine Print: DP: Luxe Poloshirt collection; CS: GP white; Stamp: Stamping Bellas Surpriseabella with Hat (Image) and Anna Wight's WSD Happy Birthday (Sentiment); Ink: Amuse black and Copic Markers; Flowers: Michael's Brides flowers, and ? Primas? (Colored with Copics); Brads: Bazzill; Nestability die.

The Next card tones it down a little bit and is currently my favorite card I have ever made! Of course it uses a stamp from my favorite company--- Unity!! The new DP for this card is from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Tuesday collection. The inspiration is from this image from the Grandin Road website which was Saturday's Inspiration site for IC175. The sketch is from Technostampers Monday's Lunchtime Sketch challenge.
This card is going to go to a special lady on one of the forums that I frequent to thank her for all she does!


The Fine Print: DP: Cosmo Cricket; CS: World Win, GP white; Stamp: Unity Topiary from the March KOTM, Merci sentiment from SU; Ink: Amuse and Copic Markers; Ribbon: Ebay purchase; Paper Clip source unknown; Bellas Baubles: Stamping Bellas.


Here is a close up of the dimension. I stamped and colored the topiary balls two times and layered them on top of each other. It added some needed depth to the card and allows for nice shadowing too!

Thanks for taking at look at my creations! I am chopping at the bit to dig into some more new papers and some more uninked stamps!!
There are more Unity stamps in the mail... I can't wait to get them!!
Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with lots of patterned papers and stamps to play with!

5 comments:

Moni said...

Fab cards, love the colours you used! fab DP and layout! Hugs, Moni

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous!!! Love that DP!!!

MJ said...

Wow, both of these cards are fabulous but I really like the bottom one. Great job with the sketch. I love all the dimension you created, beautifully done. Thanks so much for playing along.

Erin Bigler said...

Adorable cards, Kelly - I LOVE the Bellas and have TONS of them (yet to see paper!). That topiary card is just awesome...doncha just love Cosmo Cricket papers, too?! Awesome work!

Unknown said...

wow you cards are really lovely and so wonderful, hugs, bea