Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shout Out to Sheetload!

One of my Riverview friends shared with me the Sheetload of Cards website many months ago and I finally got around to using some of their sketches a month or so ago. Unfortunately I never posted any of those cards. Well today I had the opportunity to use the sketches from their February Issue and I wanted to give them a shout out and thank them and Unity Stamps for sponsoring such a great issue and for providing this awesome sketch to use!
The concept of their sketches is that they will help you make many cards at once by providing you with all the right measurements and amounts of paper and embellishments you will need. Basically they take all the hard work out of making cards and leave the fun part, the assembling and embellishing to us!
Take a look at this month's February 09 issue and see how easy it would be to create some cards. (If that link takes you to a page showing the Unity Sponsorship, but no link to the issue, then go to their main page and scroll down through old posts until you get to the February 2nd post. From there you can click on the picture of the issue and get the download.)
What I tend to do is use their sketches to find ways to use up scraps that I have on hand from a previous project.
Below are two cards that I created using their February sketch. I varied the measurements slightly to suit my needs, but I stuck really close to the original!

The Fine Print: DP: Scenic Route; Stamps: Unity February SOTM club house image, SU Home Tweet Home, SU Fun and Fast Notes "Congratulations"; Flowers: Prima and ?, Ink: Amuse Black ink and Copic Markers, Brads: MM.

The Fine Print: DP: Scenic Route; Stamps: Stamping Bellas Belinda Bumperboots, SU A Little Birdie Told Me sentiment, Flowers: Prima and ?; Ink: Amuse Black ink and Copic Markers, Rhinestones: Unknown.


Here are the other cards I told you that I had created earlier using other sketches from SheetLoad of Cards. In these I also used up some leftover materials I had lying around. It is nice to make quick cards and have some on hand for those occasions that always seem to come up.

The Fine Print: DP: HOTP and Creative Imaginations; CS: Sam's Club (white) and Gin X (dark purple). Varied ribbons unknown, Embellishments unknown. Opaque white marker, dew drops, brads, Copic Markers and Flowers. Stamps listed below.

The first two cards come from the Sheetload of Cards November 08 issue.


The Fine Print: Stamps: SU; Fun and Fast Notes, and Nest from SU Nellie the Nest Lady




The Fine Print: Stamps: Sarah Beise Cupcake, Sentiment from SU Wishing Well

The Last two come from the Sheetload of Cards January 09 Issue.

The Fine Print: Stamp: SU Merci Butterfly, SU Sentiment from A Little Birdie Told Me.


The Fine Print: Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Party Hat, Sentiment from Verses Rubber Stamps.

It feels great to spend less time creating cards and using up my stash of scraps at the same time! I love Sheetload!!

Have a great night and may your bucket be overflowing with lots of sketches to use!

No comments: