Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Challenging Day trying Challenges!

I was close to stumped today when I started to work on a couple of challenges that I combined into one card. I was first visiting Stamping & Dancing with Riley when I saw that she was having a color challenge. Since I now have all the colors of SU cardstock (except the neutrals) I wanted to try to play along.





I liked the color choices because I figured that I could use them for making a St. Patrick's Day card. I need to get busy with those since that holiday is practically around the corner!





The colors for the Color Dare Challenge were to use Bordering Blue, Gable Green, Sahara Sand and Close to Cocoa. Well to my great surprise and happiness, it turns out that some of the Brownie Girl Scout DP that I purchased from my LSS was the perfect match to those colors!





So the next dilemma was deciding on what card to make. So I checked out SCS and found their sketch challenge for today. This was probably the hardest part for me, because the sketch wasn't something I would typically create. So this is where the challenge part really came into play. After much fiddling around and playing with my layers, I finally liked my end product.





I hope you do too! Thanks so much for looking! Feel free to leave a comment and add a link to something you have recently created! I would love to see what you all are working on too!



The Fine Print: DP: K&CO Brownie Girl Scout collection; CS: SU; Stamps: SU Lucky Me set; Ribbon: Target Dollar Spot; Shamrock Embellies: Joann's; Brads: Bazzill, Copic Markers; Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Circle Punch.

Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with the luck of the Irish! :-)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is adorable!!! I love this! Thanks so much for playing along!