Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BRRR!! I need to warm up! And Lori's blog challenge!

My coach for the triathlon training group I am in at the Y actually made us get in the pool and swim this morning. It was only one degree away from it being cold enough to keep us out of the pool. So the air temp was in the 50's with a pretty good wind chill, but the pool water was only 79 degrees! My teeth were just a chattering this morning and my feet are still cold!!


My plans for today are to have lunch with two of my good friends from work. Melissa, my fellow tri partner and I are taking Michelle out for her birthday which was last Friday! I am looking forward to some sushi!! That will warm me right up... just have to add enough wasabi!!
I also need to finish some more Valentine's Day cards today! It is getting a little late and I want to make sure I have a little something special for my kids, neices, and my grandkids! (Wow, I still can't believe that I am a grandma now!)
In the meantime I wanted to share with you some recent layouts I have completed. I had the pleasure of spending the whole day yesterday with Tiffani since both of our husbands were out of town. We had a scrapbooking slumber party and got some layouts going. It is so fun to have a best friend that shares in my passions with me! We have such fun together!
First (Legal) Drink
The Fine Print: DP: Sassafrass Lass; CS: Bazzill (Gray), Sam's Club (white); Scalloped Borders: BG; Purple Felt Flowers: Joann's dollar bin; Red Flower: Heidi Swapp; Purple Rhinestones: Target dollar spot; Computer Font: High Tower Text; Stamp: Martini Glass Michael's dollar bin, Circle Punch, Scalloped circle Nestability; Adhesive: Glue Glider; Copic Markers; and Letter Stickers: Fusion BG.

The Climber

The Fine Print: DP: BG; CS: Bazzill, Tree electronic die cutting file: Wishblading Well, Spring Bucket; Silk leaves: unknown, Title font: don't remember; Journaling font: Comic Sans; Chalk: Inkadinkadoo.


Best Friends

The Fine Print: CS: DCWV (white), The Paper Co. (royal blue), Paper Loft (dusty blue); DP: Heidi Grace Designs; Rubons: Maya Road; Paper Flowers: Brides collection from Michael's (dots added to the center with copic marker); Stamps: You Make My Heart Happy: SU Friendship Blooms, Friend Defined: SU Lexicons of Love, Friends: Inkadinkadoo; Chipboard Letters: Lil Davis Designs; Computer Font: Monotype Corsiva; Ink: Amuse Black; Adhesive: Glue Glider, and glue dots.


Hello Daddy?
The Fine Print: DP: BG, CS: Bazzill (orange), Sam's club (white); Border Punch: Fiskars; Computer Font: Wendy Medium; Stamp: Essential Sentiments from My Favorite Things; Flowers: Bazzill; Buttons: ?; Chipboard accents: Fancy Pants; Paint: Heidi Swapp (white); Glitter: Joann's; Spiral Sticker: Sticko; Ink: SU.

Here are some closeup's showing the detail of the chipboard pieces which I painted with white paint and then sprinkled with glitter before it dried. To the button above I added a sticker!


And, one last thing!

My friend Lori (you might remember her from the Wishblading Well's DT) (Edited to add the link to Lori's blog!)had a really cool challenge posted on her blog that was put out by her aunt. The challenge goes like this...
Open My Pictures, go the the sixth folder, then go to the sixth folder in that folder, and keep doing this until you reach an actual photo! And then post the photo on your blog and explain a bit about it!
Well, here was the only photo in the fifth (July) folder (didn't have six) of the sixth folder (2006) in My Pictures! Turns out that this photo was out of place and had to be reorganized. So I am glad that I found the photo through this challenge!! LOL!

This is a picture of two of my kids; Ricky and Tiffany. They are tubing in the lake behind Chad and Tiffani's house in Land O' Lakes, FL This picture was taken in July 2006. That is Tiff's house in the background and I think that is her in blue walking up to the house! :-)

Thanks for the fun challenge Lori!

Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with great ideas for your next scrapbook layout! :-)











No comments: