Monday, February 23, 2009

Survived Camping and Best Fishes Challenge!

Hello everyone! I am so glad to be back from camping this past weekend! It was very cold (for Florida!) and we had a burn ban in effect so it was pretty chilly in the evenings! We did have a space heater, but it wasn't the same as a nice bonfire! It was fun to hang out with our friends and family, but as always, it is a lot of work for Tom and me!


One of the highlights of the weekend was that we got to see two of Tom's grandkids that we haven't seen in years! They were precious, so well-behaved and such a pleasure to spend time with. Below is a pictures of some of the crew... the two cute little ones are our grandkids!



I was so happy to get back home and spend the rest of my Sunday glued to my scraproom! I was going crazy and feeling the need to be creative! I first started by finally putting some ink on one of my new Magnolia stamps. I almost have the card ready and will show you as soon as it is.

Today I began tackling yesterday's SCS Featured Stamper Challenge! This week they featured a very talented card maker named Jami (aka Sgt Stamper on SCS). After perusing her inspirational Gallery, I decided to case this card.

The rules for "casing" according to SCS are to "Change 2 or more things on the card. It could be a color combo, embellishements, backgrounds, or even the main image could be different but similar because you don't own the exact image. List the changes in your description."

Here is the card that I created after seeing hers....

I found the instructions on how to make this stair step fold card also on SCS here. I loved the way that she used the swirly embossing folder to make the water look like waves. I definitely wanted to use that idea in my design too! I also added clear embossing powder and some glitter to my "waves" to make them look wet! I am not sure that you can appreciate that in these pictures though!

My card differs from hers because I used blue instead of pink DP (my paper is from Flair Designs.) I changed my fish images and added some other sealife stamps from the SU set called Fishy Friends. I also changed the sentiment using one that I created with Word and a font called Rx One Zero. My stamped images were colored using Copic markers.
This card will be going to my animal and marine loving son Ricky who turns 15 this Sunday!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scrappin and Yappin said...

Would you please send me the directions to make this card? It's so cool, I love it!!