Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sunflower Color Challenge Card and the last of my Valentine creations!

Sunflowers can be orange can't they?
The Fine Print: DP: Scenic Route and Sassafrass Lass; CS: SU; Ribbon: Unkown, Stamps: Rubber Stampede and MFT Essential Sentiments; Copic Markers, Buttons: SEI; White embroidery Floss; Opaque white Pen: Inkessentials; Nestabilities.
I created this card following the color palette from Kwernerdesign.com Color Inspiration challenge. I have been wanting to play along for a long time now, but it seems either I never I get around to creating a card with the right colors, or if I do, I forget to post it in time on her blog! So here you go... this is my creation using More Mustard, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss and White.
I love the brightness and the vibrancy of these colors! They are so spring and summer to me! Do you see how I used Markie's Mom's technique of adding the white dots around the mat frames? That is definitely her trademark isn't it?? She colors so beautifully and I always love her creations! She really inspires me a lot!
Finally, I just wanted to post the last of the Valentine Creations I made this year that I didn't get a chance to post yet! I am glad to be moving on to a new theme and color palate! LOL!
This was the complete package that we sent to Shaelynn, our DGD who lives in Ohio! It was complete with her card, the candy box I made filled with goodies, some socks, the bear and lip gloss! She (well her mom,) texted grampa after she got it and thanked us!
This card went to my neice Lindsay! It uses all the same papers and embellies I have previously posted, and the elephant stamp comes from SU!

This is one of the closeups of the origami candy boxes that I made with the help of my daughter Leah! We had such a fun time making them together! The ironic part about this is that after Leah helped me for so long when she came home the weekend before Valentine's, she is yet to receive her goody box all filled up with candy because it was lost in the mail! I am so sorry Leah!!! I love you!!

This is my first Clean and Simple card that I have ever made. It is the Valentine that I gave to Tom this year. I tried to make it very masculine... I think it came out well... he liked it and that is all that matters! :-)
I also covered some chocolate bars to give to various people. Donnie, Leah's BF got this one!
We are preparing to go camping this weekend up in Homossassa with a big group of people! It will be lots of fun, but you won't be seeing me in blogland for a few days! Hope you all have a great weekend and I will catch back up to you next week!
Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with fun things this weekend!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

All of these are such fabulous creations! Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the way you have used the colours to say summer/spring.
Jen