Monday, September 21, 2009

It's a Sketch Challenge from Whimsie Doodles!




Today is the 21st of the month which means it is time for another WD sketch challenge! I think Melyssa's sketches are unique and interesting which makes them a lot of fun to play along with. I hope that you will play along because there are FREE digistamps at stake!! Check out the details on the Whimsie Doodles Blog. A winner will be chosen next week and will two free digistamps or one free Digistamp set! Are you ready to play???



You must use a Whimsie Doodles stamp on your card, but don't forget you can get two free ones from her blog, so there is no excuse not to play!!




Here is this month's sketch...


And here is the card that I made for this challenge...



I know!!! It's another Halloween card!! LOL!! But I was trying to think outside the box a little and decided that the top note shaped piece could be a spider web instead and just had to go with it!



In all, this card uses four Whimsie Doodles digistamps. The spider and the web are from the Just Hanging Around set, the Pumpkin is from the Halloween Bits and Bites set and the "trick or treat" sentiment is from the Candy Monster set.

I masked off the spider and rotated the web so that I could print it directly onto my card front. Then I filled in the lines using my black Stickles. I also masked the web and then printed the spider right where I wanted it on my card front. I drew in his web string with a black pen. I printed the spider twice so that I could cut him out and pop him up on the card. I also printed the sentiment directly onto the card front after masking the "smell my feet" portion of it. I promise a tutorial on manipulating your digistamps very soon!




Head on over to the WD blog and check out some more sketch inspired cards and be sure to get some WD digistamps so you can play along with us this week and have a chance at winning!!


Have a wonderful Monday! Until my next post, may your bucket overflow with energy and excitement for the upcoming week!!

No comments: