Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Couple of Challenge Cards


I had lots of fun today playing in my scraproom! Thank goodness (and by that I mean God) that I didn't get called in today! It is always nice having a free day off especially after a day like I had yesterday at work!!



The first challenge card I completed today was the Featured Stamper's challenge (FS137) on SCS. We were featuring Heather who is known as Tankgrl on SCS. HERE is her Gallery, and HERE is the card of hers that I chose to CASE.



This is my take on her card...





I kept the colors of red and blue, but added a bit of yellow too! I changed the ship to a submarine which is one of the Whimsie Doodles newest digistamps and also added the waves. Both come from the WD Fish Tales set. The sun is from the WD set called Sunny Day. Because I needed a boy's birthday card for an upcoming birthday, I also changed the sentiment!




The DP I used is from K&Co.'s Daydreams collection. The brads are from MM. The piece of rope I used was a repurposed piece from a clothing tag! The digistamps were colored with Copics.







The second challenge card I made is for the Caardvarks first Scrapfest Sketch. Studio Calico is hosting the week long event and giving away an awesome prize pack! There will be a new sketch everyday this week!! I hope to play along all week long.





Here is the sketch that we were given to use...





And here is my take on that sketch...





I decided to go with a Halloween theme! (I love Halloween stuff remember??) I used a new pack of paper that I got from MM called Spook Alley. I love the colors and the prints in this collection! They are going to be a lot of fun to use and will be used a lot! I used chipboard flourishes from Fancy Pants that I inked up with Amuse black ink. I also used the new MS spider web border punch and some rhinestones from Studio 18 and Memory Box. The ribbon is from Michael's.
All stamps used on this card are from Unity. The witch and "i luv being witchy" sentiment come from the Trick or Treat Peeps set and the "happy halloween" sentiment is from thier Hauntingly Sweet set. the witch was colored using my Copic Markers.


I hope you had a great weekend and I will be back soon with a Whimsie Doodles Sketch Challenge to share with you!!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Your cards are adorable. Love them both.

SmilynStef said...

Wow fantastic sketch card (the other one is stinkin' cute too) ... love how the witches hat extends beyond the oval and what great flourishes.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable cards!! Love them both!!

Katie Skiff said...

Super cute. I love the rope on the front of the first one, it's perfect!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow *BOTH* of these are awesome, but i confess "miss witchy" is my favorite! SO cuuute and fun!!! :)

Nathalia Castellon said...

Love your first card! What an excellent CASE!!

And I'm completely taken with the second Halloween card! So many cool details! I just got some of that paper in the mail today and seeing how you worked it makes my fingers itch to get crafty with it now! Beautiful work! :)

Thanh Vo said...

Great, great, great sub card Kelly!!! I made one with the same idea for the sketch. Great minds think alike, yes!