Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Need a Vacation Still!!




Scroll down to the previous post to see who won the Unity Flair Blinkie Contest!!



Remember yesterday how I told you that in one day I had made two vacation cards? Well I wanted to share with you the second card I made. I must be getting really antsy for the vacation I do have planned coming up in October! For the first part of the week while I am off I am going to go nowhere! Then for a long weekend, my family and many of our friends are going to camping!! I can't wait for my vacation! It is going to be fun!!



This card incorporates two of the recent SCS challenges. One is the sketch challenge SC244 from the this week. And the other one is WT234 which was called Sand It. We were supposed to sand our card in some way or use sand on it! I took the opportunity to put some of these adorable beach images from Whimsie Doodles to good use. Shown here are images from the Beach Borders set, the sentiment from the Beach Sentiments set and the sun and clouds (which were used as a mask as I sponged the sky from the Sunny Day collection. To see all of the digistamps available at the WD store, click HERE!

The sand is from MuddPuddles.net and comes with the glue already mixed in! It also comes in tons of colors. The color used here is malibu sand.


I printed out the shovel, bucket, ball and shells twice and popped the second images on top of the first to add depth and make them look like they were submerged in the sand. The images were colored using my Copics. I just love the texture of this sand product and think it is perfect for beachy cards and layouts.

So look at this card and tell me that you don't want to go to Maui or Malibu on a vacation!!!

Have a great weekend and I will be back to post more as time allows. I am working on something kind of exciting that I will share with you soon!!

May your bucket overflow with warm rays from the sun and sand between your toes!!

6 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very Cute card Kelly!!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute card Kelly!! I love the sand!

ANAT S said...

wow!!!
adorable card!
Great job

mulberry station said...

Wow, what an awesome card. I have never seen the sand product before. Great card Kelly!

Arlana 11426 said...

Love your added sand Kelly and your card is so sweet!!!

CraftieConnie said...

This one is amazing with your use of the sand! Love it!