Monday, June 1, 2009

It's June 1st!! Do You Know What That Means??

It means it is time for the release of June's SheetLoad of Cards eZine!


Click HERE to go to the SheetLoad site and download your copy now!


This month the sponsor of the eZine is Shawna Renville of The Angel Company. You will want to take a moment to visit her site and check out the great stamps and accessories that she has for sale in her store. Enjoy your visit through this latest issue where you will find tons of inspiration from the DT and a special guest artist that Shawna selected for this issue.


It wasn't my month to be featured in the eZine, but I did make my own card to go along with this month's sketch. I had ordered some Clear Card Blanks from the ShortCuts website and got a chance to play with them for this sketch.


Here is the card that I created called GROW!

The Fine Print:

Stamps: Unity (Flirty Flowers); Clear Card Base: ShortCuts; DP: Sassafrass (Hog Heaven); Ink: SU (Chocolate Chip), Amuse (Black); Markers: Copics; Embossing powder: Joann's; Embossing Ink: Top Boss; Pen: Sakura Gelly Roll; Flowers: Doodlebug Designs; Ribbon: American Crafts.

How I made the sketch my own:

I turned the sketch vertically and flipped it horizontally. In place of one of the PP pieces I added ribbon instead. If you look carefully you can see how the clear card base in the photo. Using them really makes for some fun layering and dimensions in your cards! Go to ShortCuts and order some today! Alicia sells them in clear and frosted and they are very reasonable and shipped right away!! I love them and expect that you will be seeing me use them a lot more!!

So the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's event is over and what a wonderful fundraiser it was!! I had so much fun creating cards for the challenges and participating in the activities. I am still holding out for the possibility of having won a prize! (Snort!) I think they are announcing the winners today! Good luck to those of you that joined in and thanks to all of you who showed your support by joining the site! They had a very successful event and surpassed their goal!!

No comments: