Thursday, June 4, 2009

Challenge Card, Winner Announced and New Feature

Amidst spending some time with my kids (who have all been home the past couple of days), and working, I also am trying to complete a few cards for various challenges and deadlines that are happening.





Challenge Card





Here is a card that I made for one of the Hip Hop challenges for the Unity Stamps Forum over at SCS. The challenge is called the Ladybug challenge because we were supposed to use the colors red, black and white and it didn't have to include a ladybug!




Here is what I came up with....





The sketch for this card comes from the Inspirational Card Sketches blog. It is sketch number 19. The card uses DP from PaperTrey Ink and the Unity stamps from the Feb 09 (Houndstooth Frame) and Gratitude = Joy (sentiment) sets. The red and black flowers are Prima and the white one is Bazill. I ran two of the panels through the Cuttlebug to add texture and used the ribbon from Martha Stewart. This went together pretty quickly, but it is a little harsh for me!! I guess I don't always go with the stark colors, but the change up was nice for something different.



Winner Announced



Well we did find out today who the Guest Designer is going to be for Unity's July Kit of the Month release, and it isn't me!! But it is a very talented card maker named Lisa! She does amazing work, and I am very happy for her. I am not giving up though... I will definitely keep trying! I hope they are going to continue to have these challenges for many months to come!



Congratulations Lisa!! You can see her blog HERE.



New Feature



I am adding a new feature that Blogger is offering for blogs. It is a search bar that you will find at the top of my side bar on the right. You can use this to enter your search words and it will search my blog to find what you might be looking for. I hope this will come in handy for you if you are ever trying to locate something that you had seen before and don't want to have to look through a bunch of posts to find!
Did you go on Unity's Hip Hop Blog Hop today??? If you want to be inspired, then be sure to start at the Unity blog and make your way through all the talented DT members blogs that follow each other!
Have a great night and I will see you tomorrow for my Hip Hop Hangover post!
May your bucket overflow with the kind of gratitude that brings joy to your heart!

1 comment:

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' this card and don't worry you will represent for the KOTM very soon!! You are super talented and you deserve it!!! Hope you are well and have a great day!!

-t