Monday, June 22, 2009

Belated Father's Day Post!


OK, better late than never! I came home to Internet issues and wasn't able to stay connected to update my blog last night, so finally here is the post I promised yesterday!!

I am sure that there aren't many fathers out there who will be reading this blog post, but I did want to acknowledge a few special fathers in my life.


Last week we celebrated Father's Day early with my dad. My dad is a really special person in my life and one of the people that I can say has had a very strong influence on me and my developing character while growing up. He has always been a positive influence, with consistency and good direction. My dad is the kind of person who I can rely on to give me sound advice when I need a little help in my life. Here is a picture of my dad, his wife and me last weekend at my brother's house celebrating Father's Day with a delicious brunch!


Ellen, Dick (my Dad) and me!



The card that I made for my dad used that cool coloring on acetate technique that I used on the butterfly and zebra cards that I posted recently. It was from the Try a New Technique challenge on SCS TLC224 where you print out a photo in black and white onto acetate and then color on the back of it to allow color to come through. The card also uses the requirements for the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS a week ago which was to use only the colors of water and sand plus add to it, ribbon, twine or hemp, brads and piercing. It was just what I needed to produce this card for my dad!








This past weekend we travelled to the east coast of FL to see my DH's dad for Father's Day. Jim isn't his biological dad, but the man Tom considers to be his "real" dad!


Here is a picture of my DH Tom and his sister Susan with their dad on Father's Day morning!


Susan, Tom and Jim (seated!)




Here is a picture of the card that I made for Tom's dad. It uses the "Oh So Cute Shirt" tutorial by Cambria Turnbow that I believe came from the Scor-Pal website. It was such an easy creation to make starting with just one 4x6 piece of DP that gets folded into the shirt that you see.



We had a cookout with hamburgers, hot dogs and fresh fish that Tom, our nephew and my son caught last week while deep sea fishing. Tom's daughter Ashley came over to visit with her boyfriend and their son. Little Chris is just about to turn one! He is so adorable!

Grampa Tom, Baby Chris, Ashley and Chris!

I also can't let Father's Day pass without acknowledging how thankful I am for having Tom in my life and the lives of my children. He is such a wonderful influence on my kids, especially my son Ricky! They are both avid fishermen and get out on the boat together as often as they can! We are very thankful that he is with us and love how he completes our family so well. Many years had gone by without a positive male role model for my kids. Tom has changed all of that for us!!

Here is a picture of Tom, my DH with the newest addition to our family, Tasha!!


Tom and Tasha!

This is the picture of the card that I made for Tom. It uses the motorcycle image from Artful Inkables called Road Rider!. The DP is from Paper Salon.







Sorry for the long post but there was a lot to cover as I wanted to share not only the cards I made for the Father's in my life, but also a glimpse into some of the people that share my life with me!

Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with wonderful Internet connections!! Ha Ha!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

AW such cute pics of the fam and wonderful cards, too!