Monday, May 25, 2009

SOA Challenge Card and SheetLoad Reminder!

Thanks so much for the sweet comments that some of you left on yesterday's blog post. I am pleased to announce that my dear MIL was discharged from the hospital today and got to spend some time with my husband and his sister who came down from Georgia when she heard the news about her heart attack! Thank God for miracles!


Don't forget to check out the Stampin Out Alzheimer's (SOA) website and enjoy a full week of challenges and contests with lots of chances to win wonderful prizes. It only takes a small donation to be eligible to enter the site! 100% of the proceeds is going directly to the Alzheimer's Association!


To go along with my I Do Believe in Miracles blog post yesterday. I decided to make my first challenge card to fit that theme...and here it is...




The sketch was provided by the Little Paper Shop at the SOA site. The stamps come from the new Unity stamp set called Everyday Adorable that I recently ordered. The DP is from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie collection!







Switching Gears to SheetLoad!


The month of May is nearing its' end, but there is still time to participate in some of the contests at SheetLoad!


Visit the SheetLoad blog to see what contests you still have time to enter! Don't forget that there are prizes involved! You could be a lucky winner!! But you're never a loser because you will at least have a lot of great cards to use!




Here is the cover of May's e-Zine...





By using this month's sketch and following the measurements provided, you can end up with 18 cards altogether! Nine 4.25 x 4.25 square cards and nine scraplings!



I used the sketch and varied my cards by changing up the way I placed the DP and by changing the color of my card stock.


Here is the first sample I have to show you. I made three of these cards that are identical except that I changed the background paper on them. They make a cute coordinating set I think! Don't you just love those scraplings? They are 1.25 x 4.25 and are perfect for little tags or quick notes for that someone special!





The stamps you see used here are from Unity. The stack of birds and the sentiment below them are from the August '08 KOM and the "for you" sentiment on the scrapling is from the May '09 KOM. The DP is this bright and adorable paper from Junkitz called Flower-ful.

I'll share more of the cards I made using this sketch at a later time! Thanks for looking and be sure to make some SheetLoad cards using May's issue and enter them into the contests for this month!


Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with pretty papers and stamps!!

No comments: