Friday, May 1, 2009

Unity is Celebrating a Birthday...







...and so are two of my neices!






This is Cassidy my sister's youngest daughter. She is a real sweetheart who is always smiling or laughing. She is a social butterfly and has lots of friends. She is turning 14 on the 3rd.







And this is my brother's daughter Savannah (on the right) with my daughter Tiffany. She is turning 11 on the 5th of May. Another wonderful young lady who is sensitive and sweet as pie!!





The whole family is getting together this weekend to celebrate the birthdays and Leah's College Graduation jointly! It is going to be lot's of fun!




I made a card for Cassidy that fit a couple of challenges that I wanted to share with you! The first challenge is the sketch that comes from Card Patterns this week. Unity was kind enough to sponsor this week's challenge and is offering a stamp set called Tiny Trinity to the winner of the challenge.



Here is a picture of the sketch....





The second challenge this card incorporates is the challenge for day 4 of the Unity Celebration over at SCS. The challenge was to only use one layer of paper on your card. That is so hard for me to do. So I decided that I would have to use my embossing tools to make the card have some dimension. I didn't get my circles perfectly spaced and centered, but I thought the effect was cute anyway.



The Fine Print: CS: GP; Stamps: Unity (Cupcakes and Celebrate sentiment); Ink: Amuse; Markers: Copics; Ribbon: Basic Grey and American Crafts; Embossing Powder: Joann's, Rhinestones: Studio18; Glaze: InkEssential; Glitter: source unknown. Scor-Pal. Nestability.


Happy Birthday Unity... I love your stamps!


Happy Birthday Cass and Savannah I love you both!!


Please excuse me if I can't post for the next couple of days... we are off to Gainesville for Leah's graduation today and then on Saturday we are throwing a big celebration for her graduation and her cousins' birthdays. We have family coming in from out of town and are expecting a wonderful weekend!


Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with celebrations of all sorts!!

No comments: