Friday, May 29, 2009

SOA Challenge Cards

There are so many challenges going on this week over at the Stampin Out Alzheimer's site!


Have you had a chance to go over there yet and sign up?? You won't be sorry that you did. First of all, for a minimum donation of $5, you can gain access to all the activities. The money...100% of it... is going to help fight Alzheimer's!! Most people in this world will be affected by someone they know or love who is afflicted with the terrible disease. As I told you in a previous post, my dear MIL has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and is slipping away from us before our eyes. It is my prayer that people with an interest in preserving our memories into scrapbooks will also care enough to donate some money to help preserve some memories into the minds of those afflicted with Alzheimer's.


You can click on the gadget on the right side of my blog and donate to this wonderful cause! Jen and Susanna have already reached their goal, but wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to surpass it by leaps and bounds?


I have three challenge cards to share with you today.



Here is the first one...



Kate from I {heart} papers is donating a $30 assortment of Flower Soft to the winner of this challenge which was to use Flower Soft on our project.



For this card, I used Basic Grey DP, and the stamped image and sentiment stamps are from Stampin Up! called Friendships Grow. I colored the image with Copics and then added the Flower Soft to the background flowers in the stamped image and also to the accent Prima flower on the ribbon. I used my Nestabilities to cut the mat for the image and the sentiment.


Here is my second card called Nuts for Buttons...



This challenge was called "Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?" We were to use at least three buttons on our card. The winner of this challenge will two Vintage button collections from PTI!

Since PaperTrey was the sponsor of this challenge, I chose to use their stamp set called My Punny Valentine. The squirrel and the sentiment comes from that set. The tree is from Unity and is called the Burberry Tree. The grass stamp is from SU!

I was going for the Clean and Simple look for this card. The DP is from Sassafras, the Hog Heaven collection and the ink used is from SU! The ribbon is from Michael's. I am not sure about the buttons... they were in my big canister full of buttons!

Finally, here is my last card submitted to the challenges at SOA...



I called this card Grunge Birthday! The sketch was the required element for this challenge from Taylored Expressions. The winner of this challenge will win a $25 gift certificate to the TE store! The colors I used came from K Werner's Designs recent color challenge #53.

Closeup of the Unity stamp!



This card originally started off very elementary looking and even feminine (so my husband says); but with the help of distressing tools, staples, black ink smudging and the awesome stamp in Unity's This is the Time stamp set, I was able to transform it into the masculine grungy birthday card I needed for a teen boy in my family.


Here's the inside!



I hope to have some more SOA challenge cards to show you this weekend. We only have through the 31st to get our cards submitted to enter into the contests!
Tomorrow I will have a Sneak Peek for you of the card I created using the new June Sketch at SheetLoad! The new eZine will be available on the 1st!


Have a great Saturday and may your bucket be overflowing with wonderful memories that will never fade!

2 comments:

ANAT S said...

ADORABLE CARDS
LOVE THEM ALL

Ann said...

Great cards! I LOVE that Nuts for Buttons one--too cute!