Sunday, March 8, 2009

Warm, Wonderful Weekend

My wonderful husband turned 44 on Saturday and we went away for the whole weekend to celebrate it! It was very special because we were able to go without the kids, all by ourselves. We spent Friday and all day Saturday together enjoying some relaxation and time kayaking on the Homossassa River. Our best friends Chad and Tiffani joined us for Tom's birthday celebration on Saturday night. We had so much fun! My cheeks were hurting from laughing and smiling so much! We had surf and turf for dinner that the guys grilled up and then we went out to a couple of local bars for some dancing and more laughing! Here are a couple of photos from our trip...




Tom kayaking down the Homossassa River.





Tom fishing from his kayak! He didn't catch anything! :-(





Relaxing at our campsite!





Tiffani helping to get dinner ready on Saturday!







I didn't end up bringing any of my images to color this weekend. I wanted Tom to get most of my attention... so I was really ready to stamp when I got home. We were pretty tired by the time we got home, so I didn't get a lot done in my scrap room, but I did manage to get one card made for St Patrick's Day!




This card combines the Limited Supplies Challenge LSC210 which limited the amount of time we could spend on our card to thirty minutes. (For me, that is hard!!)


The other challenge FS109 was to CASE the feautured stamper Judy. You can see her gallery here. This is the card of hers that I CASED.
And here is the card I created...


By combining these two challenges I was able to create a cute card that I needed for St Patricks Day in a very short amount of time. I like how it turned out even though it is a little plane Jane!
Well I need to hit the sack and catch up on little sleep. Not only were we out late last night, but we also lost an hour with Daylight Savings Time!
Have a great night and may your bucket always overflow with fond memories with your friends!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Did you see any Manatees? I just love them! Glad you enjoyed your "special time".

Kelly Mahany said...

Hi Tonya!

On this occasion my husband saw one Manatee that we apparently floated right over on our kayaks. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it!

The last trip we took to a similar area we saw many! My son even got in the water and swam with them! They are so fun to watch.. I love them too!