Monday, March 2, 2009

Three, three, three challenges in one!!

This is my second post for today! So to see the earlier post...just keep scrolling down after this one!



I am not sure why, but I really love challenges. I guess I like how they motivate me when I sometimes would otherwise be frozen trying to come up with something to create!





The card below is created using three different challenges!!





The first one is the sketch that comes from Julee Tilman the Mojo queen! This is her sketch Mojo76 that can be found on her blog. She now has a dedicated blog just for her Mojo Monday Sketches! Her sketches are the bomb! If you like her sketches, you can add a blinkie to your blog like I did on the right!




The second challenge that this card comes from is one over at StampTV that Melanie posted on Friday! She calls these challenges Pot Luck Fridays and this past week was the very first one. She asked us to use a split screen for our stamped image.

Then the third challenge fit in with Melanie's perfectly so I couldn't resist adding it in too! It comes from CCEE Stampers. Their challenge was to use a sheet of stickers on your project. You know the kind that you would print addresses on or use for labels. By using the labels, I could stamp my image and then attach them to my card making a split screen like Melanie suggested.

So this is what I came up with after combining all of these challenges together!




The Fine Print: DP: BG, CS: The Paper Co.; Sticky Labels: Office Depot; Pink Organza (colored darker with my copics and the cream trim: sources unknown (probably Joann's); Stamp: Finest Flourishes from SU. Ink: Amuse; Paper piecing and sponging. Computer font: Monotype Corsiva.


I created this card for my Aunt and Uncle who live in Michigan! Can you believe that I don't have a stamp set with a sentiment for Anniversaries? I had to generate this sentiment and the one on the inside using Word on my computer! I guess I need to go check out Gina K's and my newest SU catalog and see what my next purchase needs to be! LOL!

This will do it for today... until next time may your bucket overflow with loved ones you can send cards to!





9 comments:

StampOwl said...

oh this is fantastic thanks so much for playing our CCEE challenge

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Very pretty

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, so pretty.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty and elegant! I really like how weaved the ribbon through the cream trim! Great accent! :D

Mothermark said...

Hey Kelly! Thanks so much for visiting our blog and joining in our fun with labels. Your card is great! How fun that you were able to combine these three challenges and end up with such a cool card!

Love the look of it! You did good!!!

Teresa Kline said...

how fabulous, you did an awesome job getting all three challenges in there...stunning work! *~*

Bev said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty colours

Christy said...

GREAT card..love the bow :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Good job with all of those challenges. Also love the hardware you used.

It's a good life!
Terri E.