Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Black Tie Affair!

I absolutely loved the Technique offered this week by SCS called Ribbon Frame! I couldn't get to trying it out on Monday, but I did squeeze in a little time yesterday and then completed the card this morning.



Because the frame made from ribbon is such an important part of the card, I decided to start by choosing my ribbon and then working backwards from there to create my card. So as I was searching through my ribbons, I was leaning towards making a monochromatic card with all whites, but I couldn't find a white ribbon I liked well enough to use for this technique. So then I started thinking about black because I thought it would make a strong statement.




When I found my black velvet ribbon I knew that I had the ribbon I wanted to use and it also sent me to the wedding theme which followed! I think that Black and White cards can be so stunning and I love the formal look it can produce.




So this is the finished product that I came up with! I don't know anyone getting married right now, but I hope that someday I will know someone who is having one of those fancy Black and White themed weddings that this card would be perfect for...




The Fine Print: DP: PaperTrey Ink; CS: GP; Stamps: Image and Sentiment, Inkadinkadoo; Ink: Amuse black ink and Top Boss for embossing; Embossing Powder: Stampendous; Ribbon: Joann's; Cuttlebug embossing Folder: Swiss Dots; Rhinestones: unknown.


Excuse the few stray black embossing powders that I can never seem to prevent from straggling on my cards. I even use the powder that is supposed to prevent that, but it always seems that they find a way to remain on the card only to be accentuated once heat activated! If you have any tips about preventing that, please let me know! I also think that embossing works better with my red rubber stamps than with this acrylic set I used, but overall I really liked how this card turned out! It reminds me of a formal black tie affair that is so fun to dress up for!
Before I go I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who have been so kind in leaving me words of encouragement about some of my cards! It really means a lot to me and I read every one of them! My family gives me nice feedback on my cards, but it really means a lot when a fellow stamper sees something that they like in my cards and takes the time to comment on. You really help me validate why I do this which is to please the people who receive my cards! Thanks again for taking the time to visit with me! I really appreciate you and your comments!
I have noticed that I am getting close to the 5,000 hits mark! When I hit that point I will be offering some blog candy for a lucky reader out there! Keep stopping by and it will be here before we know it!
Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with people who encourage and inspire you!

2 comments:

George Garchagudashvili said...

hi very cool content ;)))

Paula said...

Absolutely beautiful card.