Monday, March 16, 2009

New Car and New Stamps!!

I had two things in my life today that made me really happy!! One is that I got a new car! And the other is that my Spring Magnolia Kit arrived in the mail today all the way from Sweden!





I have been contemplating getting a new car for a while now, but I kept putting it off for one reason or another. Well today I finally decided to bite the bullet and go for it! I traded in my Mazda RX8 (a cute sporty little white car) for a Mazda Tribute (much bigger black SUV!) They couldn't be more polar opposites! But the new vehicle is going to meet the family's needs better since we have a few things to haul around when we go camping and such! And now I can easily haul my own bicycle or kayak to wherever I need them! Independence is a good thing!!






Here it is....isn't she pretty??




I am also so happy about my wonderful shipment of Magnolia stamps that came in the mail today! What a great springy collection complete with 5 full sized Tildas, one Edwin, a beehive large enough for Tilda to sit on, two roses, 4 butterflies, one sign, one ladybug and two background stamps! I felt like I hit the jackpot! If you want to sign up for the next kit they offer, you still have time to sign up for the summer collection to be delivered later this year!



I couldn't wait to get some ink on these stamps. But first I had to mount them onto EZ foam and make my index for them. I also scan all my stamps into a computerized system that I have for making it easier to locate my stamps for various needs.



So I chose to use Lauren Meader's My Times sketch #27 from Saturday. It was a cute sketch that worked perfectly for the image I chose which I am calling Butterfly Tilda. I used Basic Gray paper from the Urban Prairie collection and colored my image with my Copics to coordinate with the colors in the paper.


Here is the picture of Lauren's sketch...


Here is the picture of my completed card!



The Fine Print: DP: BG; White CS: GP; Stamp: Magnolias; Ink: Amuse and Copic Markers; Chalk; Brads: Doodlebug and Bazzill; Flowers: Petaloo and ?; Ribbon: Target Dollar Spot.

Hope you enjoy the first of many looks you will probably get of my new stamps from Magnolia!

Have a great night and may your bucket overflow with pretty images to stamp and color!!

3 comments:

Monica said...

How exciting about your new car!! I love it!

Your card is just precious! You need to upload it to the magnolia yahoo group! Since you got your kit today I am hoping mine comes tomorrow!!

NormaJean said...

I love your card, I just love these stamps too, and your new car is pretty!!

Nilla said...

Lovely card! from Nilla