Sunday, March 15, 2009

AWOL! No Stamp Weekend!

As much as I wish had found some time to stamp, I have to admit that it just didn't happen for me this weekend! My daughter Leah was in town and the weather here in Florida was just too awesome to ignore.





I took a trip to the beach where Tom and I married back in November and enjoyed watching the many people visiting the beach for Spring Break. It is amazing how different the beach looks at this time of year than it did in November. I love Florida! The weather has been perfect lately. I think we can safely say that our cold snaps from the winter are over!





I thought I would share a picture of something I had previously created using one of my Bella Stamps. I made this card and coordinating bag for a very good friend of mine on her birthday!



This Bella image is one of the first ones that I ever attempted coloring. I thought it looked pretty good when I first did it, but I must say IMHO that I have improved with the techniques involved in coloring with Copics and think that my later attempts look a little better!

Speaking of coloring with Copics... have you been to the I Like Markers blog written by Marianne Walker yet? She is an amazing artist who writes for the Copics company. If you wanted to know all there is to know about coloring with Copics, then this is the blog for you to check out!

The Card sketch used is Bella Sketch Challenge #29, the stamp is a sentiment from the Stampin Up set called Simple Sayings. The Double Pocket bag is a tutorial you can find here on SCS. I am sorry that I didn't write down the information on the DP and other details used on these projects.

Hopefully I will have more to post for you tomorrow!

But in the meantime, may your bucket overflow with warm, sunny days like we are having here in Florida!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the bag and card. You are so thoughtful! Thanks.

Monica said...

I love your Bella card! Great colors!! Your coloring was fabulous even if it was a while ago!