Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas: A Season of Joy

Happy Thursday and Happy Hip Hop!!!

Hopefully you are coming to me from the wonderful Karen Maldonado's blog and are following along with us by hopping from one designer's blog to the next.  To start at the beginning, please head over to the Ippity blog!

I think that you are going to like this week's theme for Hip Hop!  I know that I do!  And I was motivated to get creating a little ahead of the holiday's for this one!

This week we are basing our projects after the December Daily type albums that you may have seen done by the famous scrapper Ali Edwards!  You can see her explanation of the project HERE!  But basically, the premise is that you document the days of December between the 1st and the 25th, sharing events that occur as you prepare for Christmas!

Both Maria Gurnsey and Angie Blom have done these albums for the past two years which you can see in the links below...


 I hope you had some time to peruse what these girls have created!  They are both so talented!!  And if you look closely you will see lots of Ippity stamps in their 2009 albums too!!  :-)

Christmas is my favorite holiday to celebrate!

 I do believe it is magical and I have always done my best to make it memorable and very special for my kids!!  I would love to create one of these albums to document what a typical month of December is like for us, but I knew realistically, I just wouldn't be able to keep up with 25 days of the crazy month of December.

Soooo, I decided to shorten my version of this
type of album, and create something that still captures
the specialness of Christmas to me and my family!



Here is the cover for my album called...

Merry Memories: 
Ten Things I (luv) about Christmas!


My front cover started as a frosted acrylic cover to a notebook that I removed and repurposed!  I cut it down to 6x6 inches.  Initially I stamped many of the snowflakes found in the Kissmas and Mistletoe and the Season's of Joy stamp sets by Ippity.  I used Ippity's black noir Hybrid ink. It was admittedly slow to dry, but after a bit of patting off excess ink and mildly heat setting them with the heating tool, I was able to keep the ink on the cover. The DP that I used is from Basic Grey's Jovial collection. 



I slightly altered the 10 Things I {luv} about You stamp set by masking over the word "You" and by adding a rub on for Christmas.  I also created the embellisment you see next to it by using a green star felt piece under a cut out snowflake from Ippity and adding the flowers from the DP and the number 10 Bingo number that I picked up at the last CHA at a make n take!

Here are the stamp sets that were used to creat the above cover...

Fram and snowflakes from Season of Joy

10 Things I {luv} About You words from
Love in Return set


And the snowflake from the
Kissmas and Mistletoe set.

Do you want to get some of these amazing Ippity Stamps?  They are perfect for completing your December Daily album.  To find a chick near you, just click on ther icon below...



Locate an Ippity Chick!


Now to continue on the Hop, your next stop is the very talented Lisa Arana's blog!!  Just click on the button below to Hop over to her blog!

Next Blog

Be sure to stop back by soon when I have the chance to add to the pages of my album!! 
This is one project I am really excited about! 
I love the whole concept behind it and feel that Ippity Stamps
make the project even that much more fun to create!! 


Have a great day and we hope you see you on the SCS Forum for some chatting!!!

May your  bucket overflow with memories of your Christmases that bring a smile to your face!!




14 comments:

Eva said...

Kelly, this is sooo beautiful and I just love how you made this into the 10 things you love about Christmas...clever and love it!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I love your spin on the album! ( I did something a little different too :) The cute country feel to this is just adorable and that front cover is gorgeous! What a great book, my friend!

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a darling cover, kelly! love the frosted acrylic!

Christi said...

ooh, Kelly, this is so beautiful! I love your layers and that frosted acrylic cover...OMG! Sooooo gorgeous....all of it! smiles...

Lisa H. said...

Kelly! this is fantastic. I love everything about it. that lable is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Kelly!!!! The frosted cover is perfect and I love how you used the stamps!!! This will make a great album :)

Angie Blom said...

Oh love it.. love it ..love it!! I love the warm felling of this album. just an awesome title.. 10 things.. perfect for the busy person that wants to do an album but not everyday.. Brilliant!! HugsXx

Karen said...

What an awesome idea Kelly about the 10 things!! Love that and the front cover is so gorgeous. Love the little bingo number with that gorgeous cluster of goodies. You are so clever with the way you worked those ippity stamps girl...awesome!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing start to your albumn and I love your 10 favorite thing idea! Fantastic idea!

Lisa a

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is fabbbbbbulous! I love your cover--I'm inspired--never completed one of these...must give it a go:) TFS!! LOVE visiting here, KellY!

stampjourney said...

What a fun project! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it develop!

Unknown said...

Love this, Kelly!

Pam S said...

I'm really lovin' that plaid on your album.