Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wish Me Luck! And Good Luck to You Too!!


I am keeping the BLOG CANDY comments section from yesterday's post open until 5pm tonight. So you still have time to enter the drawing the win the Unity Quote Bundle Pack that I offered yesterday! I will draw a winner and announce later today! Scroll down to see the origingal post about the BLOG CANDY. Good Luck!!


Today I have a couple of cards to show you that I am entering into a contest at Unity's SCS Forum to become a Guest Designer for the month of August! You know I would think I had died and gone to Heaven if I won this contest. I could only hope to be so lucky as to get chosen for that honorable position!


I created two cards for the challenge. We had to use sketch you see below and also had to use any stamps from the May or June Kits of the Month.



Here is the first card that I created...


The Fine Print: Sketch: Unity GD Challenge sketch; Stamps: Unity; DP: Imaginesce and Scenic Route; CS: SU and GP; Ink: Amuse; Markers: Copics; Flower: Prima; Button: SEI, Ribbon: Martha Stewart (red satin), and Joann's (pom pom); Embroidery Floss: DMK; Machine Stitching.
For this card I turned the sketch on its side so that it was oriented to landscape. I used the cherry stamp, Sweet Cherry frame and "friend to friend" sentiment from the June 09 kom and the houndstooth semicircle is stamped seperately from the journaling strip in the May 09 kom. I used my stampamajig and blocked off the other parts of the strip and repeated the houndstooth semicircle to make a scalloped border. Then for one of the circle accents I stamped the houndstooth semicircle again and placed it on top of one of the border semicircles to make complete circle. The seam is hidden by the pom pom trim!

Here is the second card that I created...




The Fine Print: Sketch: Unity GD Challenge sketch; Stamps: Unity; Sticky Back Fabric: Love Elsie; DP: We R Memory Keepers (Grandma's Kitchen), Scenic Route, 3 Bugs in a Rug; Shrinky Film: Gary M Burlin & Co. Ink: Amuse (black), Versa Magic (Jumbo Java); Markers: Copics, and Bic; Flowers: Prima; Brad: BG; Nestability; Border Punch: Martha Stewart


This card I made with a more natural feel to it. I wanted it to seem homey!! The stamps are the house stamp and "Home is where the Heart Is" sentiment stamp from the May 09 kom. I stamped the sentiment onto Shrink film and then colored it with alcohol based markers and heated it up until it shrunk to the size that you see here. I mounted it onto a scalloped circle that I cut out of the Scenic Route paper using my Nesties! I split the sentiment apart by masking and using my Stampamajig. I added an extra heart from the house to the sentiment to put more accent on the heart!

Today and every Wednesday for the summer for one day only Unity is having their Garage Sale! It just so happens that three Kits of the month including May and June are on sale for only $35 each. They sell regularly for $45 unless you sign up for the kit of the month club where you can get them when they are released for only $25. It is a wonderful bargain to join the club!!

Wish me luck!! I would be so ecstatic to ever get chosen as a Guest DT member for Unity!! It would be a dream come true!

I will be back later to post the winner of the BLOG CANDY drawing. Hurry and sign up by leaving a comment in yesterday's post if you haven't done so already! Good Luck to you too!!

Have a great day and may our buckets overflow with good luck!!

3 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards Kelly!!! Good luck on the guest DT spot! :D

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Kelly,

Great job with the Unity sketch love both of them!!

Arlana 11426 said...

You would make a great guest designer Good luck!!!!