Monday, July 27, 2009

Whimsie Doodles Sneak Peak- School Things!




On the first and the fifteenth of every month, Whimsie Doodles will be releasing some more of Melyssa's wonderfully creative digistamps. That means that for the few days preceding each release, you will be able to see some things that the other DT members and I are creating with her awesome stamps!




With school starting back just around the corner, the stamps being released on August 1st are all school related! Wait til you get to see them all... you are going to love them!!




The first sneak I am sharing with you is coming from her set called School Things. It is full of the cutest images that you can imagine using for any of your school related projects.




For each of my kids I have been working on albums that are filled with each of thier school years photos. The albums that house theses layouts are solid black and have a window in the front of them where you can put a title page. For years this window has been empty with nothing filling the space that should be telling the people viewing the album what is inside.
Well, thanks to this new School Things release, that has all changed now! Using three of the files from the School Things set and one from the School Button sentiments (also being released on August 1st) I have created this adorable title page for my daughter Tiffany's album.





Here is the closeup of the insert that I made...






This was my first attempt at making a hybrid digi layout. I used Photoshop Elements 7.0 after the help of my new friend Vianna taught me a few things. The digi paper I used is FREE from the Shabby Princess site and is called Sun Porch by Amy Teets. In photoshop I made my background so that the size would be big enough to fit in the window of my album, and then I opened all the digi files I wanted to use and dragged their layers onto the background and resized them to fill the page as I saw fit. The beauty of the digistamps is that they can be resized so easily!
I printed the red star, and the green quote tag onto other papers from the same digi paper set and paper pieced them on top of the other layers. Using an exacto knife I cut the inner part of the apple out and placed my daughter's picture behind it. The pencil was printed on to white CS and then colored in with my Copics. I added the pencil line using a fine tipped marker.
I can't wait to show you more of what Whimsie Doodles has in store for the August 1st releases. Keep coming back and you will get to see some more sneak peeks!! Also head on over to the Whimisie Doodles store today and again on release day! The digistamps are so affordable!!
Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with happiness!!

6 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This came out great and I love the images!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable project Kelly!! I can't wait till the release. :D

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun project Kelly. Cute new images!!!

Heather said...

Great project Kelly. I love how you used the images.

The Nielsen Family said...

Congrats on entering the digi-world. I'll warn you it is addictive. Let me know if you want me to add you to my blog for my classes. They are free and full of tutorials to get you started.

Vianna said...

Your "new friend Vianna" thinks you did a GREAT job on this layout!
(I'm just getting caught up with my blog readings ... busy week!).