Friday, April 30, 2010

Fresh Idea Friends With Flair Friday!!





Today I have combined my Fresh Idea post on the {ippity} Blog with my Friends with Flair post for the Unity hop today!  I hope you don't mind seeing a little more {ippity} today!! I know that I never get tired of seeing it!! ;-)





If you are like me you like to save a few dollars.  I am a sucker for the dollar bins at the large discount stores and craft stores and I am always picking up items that I think I can alter.  I love to make homemade gifts that look expensive but that don't really cost anything more than my time and love!!

I picked up a three pack of canvas frames that were 5" x 5" and had children's open line drawings on them.  The canvas was white originally, but with a little bit of acrylic paint I could cover the white and the drawings so that I had a clean slate to make my project with.

I found some great DP from Graphic 45 that I thought made a bold statement that goes perfectly with the verse I chose to use from Devoted.



I love this verse...

The Lord is my strength and my shield...my heart trusts in him and I am helped.  Psalm 28:7

So I stamped that verse from the Devoted set and added below it a border using one of the single fluer de lis stamps from the Regal Greetings set.  
The final touches were to add a ribbon around the frame and add acrylic baubles (dew drops) to accent the fleur de lis. 






To hang the picture I just added a black ribbon with a bow on top that I attached to both top corners from behind.  Excuse the glare on this shot but my wall that I hung it on has just a little sheen to it!  It was really hard to get  a great shot!!

Be sure to keep your eyes out for the hidden FLAIR BLINKIE on one of the hop blogs!


And to find the whole FWF blog list, just head over to the 

And don't forget to visit the Unity Forum on SCS 
today too as the Unity 2nd Year Anniversary celebrations continue!!


By the way... 

I chose a winner 
from the comments on my blog post here yesterday.  
The lucky winner of the Because of You {ippity} stamp set is announced 
in my Fresh Idea post on the {ippity} blog post today!!

Click HERE to see who the lucky winner is!!


Have a great Friday and may your bucket overflow with the protection of the Lord from his strength and shield!


16 comments:

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This is just amazing and inspiring projects. Love that quote and images you used on them. I just love your Ippity MOJO!

Elisabeth said...

Great canvas, Love the Fleur de Lis and dew drops, so pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

Wow!! Soooooo LOVE this!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, so pretty! now I need to get me some canvas :)

Carole said...

I'm a total sucker for fleur de lis - this is a fantastic idea for a nifty home decor item!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow!!! Incredible creations Kelly! You are so talented! Thanks for the Ippity inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Creation Kelly!!! Love it!!

Poppit said...

Those canvasses are awesome!

jo said...

Gorgeous work Kelly!

farmhouse-story said...

cute, kelly:) happy weekend!

Gwen said...

This is great! Love what you did with this verse!

Jennipher said...

fabulous work Kelly! Very creative.

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

love your blog!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love this idea! I need to do something like this!

CarlaKH said...

Hey what a great idea and these turned out beautifully!