Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Earth Day Challenge

Hello everyone!! Happy Tuesday!!


 It is the 20th of the month which means that it is time for another Dirty Dozen/Dirty Dozen Alumni challenge over at SCS!!  And guess what??  Yours truly is the hostess for this month's challenge!!  I was so happy to get the opportunity to decide on this month's theme and I am super happy to have these challenges to participate in.  This is my first month not being an active Dirty Girl, so it is really nice to be able to stay connected with the girls from the Dirt Pile!





Earth Day is on the 22nd of this month.  So for my DD challenge, I decided to ask them to make a card with an earth theme to it, that has an earth on it, or involves nature!

REQUIRED ELEMENT:  Recycled item

RESTRICTED ELEMENT: Buttons  (none allowed!)

Search the Gallery using the keyword DCED410 (for Dirty Challenge Earth Day April 2010) to see the rest of the creations!







I used the Unity Stamp Co stamp set called Grow Yourself Extraordinary for my challenge card.  My recycled element was a piece of cardboard box that I tore the paper off one side and inked up with brown ink on the edges.  All the edges were distressed with the distressing tool  by MM.

This kit is only available from retail stores.  To find a store near you that sells Unity, please click HERE.

Did you know that Archiver's is now carrying Unity?  Yeah!!





I colored the image and highlighted some of the words on the sentiment using Copic Markers to coordinate with the Brook Collection by Crate Paper.  I added some extra leaves with additional colors of green Copics!


I hope that you are doing your part to conserve the resources that we have still in our world!  What are you going to do this year to reduce your footprints on the earth?



Don't you just love this sentiment?  I think it is a great statement to get our kids to understand while they are young.  How important for them to be leaders and not followers and learn how to create their own paths in life!  

Be sure to check out the special cards that some of the other Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni have made for this challenge!!  

Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with new ideas to help conserve resources that will save our earth!


2 comments:

StampinCathy said...

What a great challenge. This is one amazing card and what a creative idea to use cardboard for recycling on your card. I just love the colors, stamps, and your coloring.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Gorgeous card and great challenge, Kelly! What a beautiful job you did! I love that fiber, too!