Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Playing with New Nesties!

I was so excited to find out what the new challenge was this week for the CAS Forum on SCS.  Jen challenged us (with CAS57) to create a CAS card that layers more than one shape on top of each other.  Since I had just received a wonderful package including all the new Nestie Labels, I knew exactly where to go for my shapes.


I started by using the largest label in Labels 12 to make the base of my card.  To be able to use the Nestie as the card base, you just have to be sure that you make the cutting edge of the Nestie hang over the fold so that it does not cut into the hinge.  For this card the fold is at the top and the finished card is approx. 3.5 in x 3.5 in.  Next I layered the same shape two sizes smaller using DP and then added my image panel that was cut with Labels 11.


This adorable stamped image is also new to me.  This is the Unity set called Stitched Greetings that is only available for purchase from Unity Retailers.  You can find the list of online and brick and mortar stores selling Unity on their website HERE.  I colored the image in with Copic markers.  This shot makes it appear orange, but it is actually red and matches the cute sample piece of Crate Paper DP from the new Paper Doll Collection that I picked up at CHA.. 

Today is just simple and to the point... I have a lot of things I am working on behind the scenes for upcoming deadlines!  I will be back tomorrow!!  Have a great Tuesday and may your bucket be overflowing with Happy Hellos to and from your friends and loved ones!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING!!! Now I NEED that nestie :)

Katie Cotton said...

i LOVE this! So simply stated but really popping! Fabulous!

Marcy H. said...

Fabulous!! I love the new Nesties you used~~another add to the wish list!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I don't have Nesties--should probably get some...because I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card:)

Eva said...

Ohh.....Kelly, this is sooo beautiful!!! You know how much I love my nesties...and this card sure makes me happy!!!

Crystal said...

Oh, my ... what wonderful pop ! Love this card ! Have enjoyed my visit to your blog ... great work, Kelly !

Melissa said...

Where can I get these nesties you use. I see you use them a lot and love the way they look. Need more info my friend.
love ya (great card)
Melissa

Monica said...

Kelly.. I LOVE this card! It's gorgeous!! Love the colors and your coloring is beautiful. We need to get together soon!

Unknown said...

WOW KELLY! This card is full of sweet happiness...the 'pop' of color just jumps out at you! Amazing!