Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Hello there and I hope you are having a great week!! 

Guess why I am happy this Thursday?  

Well for me, today is like my Friday!!  
I have tomorrow off and I can't wait!!  :-)

I hope to have a fun day participating in tomorrow's Friends with Flair blog hop and creating some cards with my friend Vianna who is coming over to craft with me!!  I am so looking forward to my day off!!


For today I am going to start you off with three snippets that I can share with you for 
tomorrow's new release at Whimsie Doodles!



Got some ideas of what you will be seeing in full tomorrow?  Well trust me when I say that you won't be disappointed!  Once again Melyssa has created some fabulous digi AND rubber stamps for you!!

Come back tomorrow to see all the new goodies!!


Today I am going to share with you another card I made 
for last Friday's VSN challenges
 
This one was called Snow Blind, FEB10VSND. Our challenge was to create a card that contained mostly white including the cardstock, DP and embellies. We were allowed to color our images a little though!

The great news is that I was able to sneak in another sketch from the  Master Sketch list on my journey to work through all the SCS sketch challenges.  

Here is the sketch that I used...SC21

As you can see I flipped the sketch upright.  My panels were created using white CS that I embossed in two different patterns with CB Embossing Folders.  And then for the main image panel I cut out a shape using a Nestie Labels 4.


Here is a closeup of the image I chose to use.  I called my card White Wedding.  But I think this could also be given to someone who just got engaged too.  I thought it came out pretty nice considering the 45 minute time restriction to making our creations!  the stamp is from SU and the ribbon is a recycled one from a package I got at Christmas!  I used Copics to color the little bits of pink on the dress and the tiny pearls are from Studio 18 I believe.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but I am happy to say that I have fixed one of the lights for my light box that has been  broken for  a while now and I should be able to get better pictures without so much shadowing in the future!

Well I am off to get busy making some more cards!!  I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow for a really fun day!!  May your bucket be flowing over with fun things to look forward to on your days off this weekend!!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

Great sneak peaks! I love the White Wedding card! Today is my Friday too!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous wedding card, Kelly!! I love all the embossing and fabulous details!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! That wedding card is STUNNING Kelly! Oh, how I've missed your blog! Getting ready to leave for FL on Sunday (I will call you later that week!) and have been running like crazy! Miss you! xoxo

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Kelly, that card is so elegant and gorgeous!! I just love the hint of color in the dress. tFS!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This card is Gorgeous!!Happy crafting!!!

Justine said...

This is beautiful. Love the two different embossing folders at a diagonal. Also love seeing one of the old stamps used. Love that stamp, looks fresh and modern