Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ippity Sneak Peek #3- Winter 2010

Well Hello and Welcome to Day3 
of the Ippity Winter Release Sneak Peeks!!

We are having so much fun providing our projects to you and we appreciate you coming back to check out all the new sets.

Head to the {ippity} blog to see the snippets for today's two sets and then be sure to visit all the DT girls' blogs to see how they used the stamps from that set!  It will surely be a treat!!

For my first project I am going to show you the inside of the CD Case that I showed you yesterday.  Remember?  It looked like this...


The inside is where I could give it a very personal touch so that my husband would know how much I love him.  I used the new set called Love in Return and even a little more Music of My Heart also to complete the job.


 On the inside left of the CD case from the Love in Return set I stamped the bottom with the distressed dots border stamp and used the 10 Things I {luv} about You stamp.  I listed some of my husband's attributes that are my favorites!  I embellished the corners by masking the ornate frame and also added the swirly heart again from the Music of My Heart set.

On the inside left of the case I continued the Distressed Dots border stamp across the bottom for continuity and added the Life is a Song sentiment from Music of My Heart.  Below you can see the tags that go in the pocket shown here.



 There are three tags that fit in the pocket of the CD case that can be taken out and held for easier reading.

 Using the musical score backgrounder from the Music of My Heart and the notepage from Unity's Le Chic Vintage Scrapper's kit, I listed the songs that are contained on his CD.  I picked some special ones that send him the message I want him to hear which is that I LOVE HIM very much!

This is a picture of us dancing at our wedding.  The Life is not Measured... sentiment was perfect for this tag!  This sentiment can be found in the Love in Return set. This is one moment in my life that  I will never forget... the whole wedding day and honeymoon too were breathtaking!

 I wrote Tom a little "story" that kind of ties the theme of the CD Case and CD together for him.  I used the stamps The Story, the flourish and The End all from the Love in Return set.  

Here is what I wrote...
Songs have been an important representation in our relationship 
since the day we chose the Broken Road as our song!
It was fun picking songs for our wedding day too.
Sometimes I may not know all the words to our songs,
or even feel like singing along.
But know that your love for me makes me 
want to sing out loud!  I love you, Kelly.

Using a CD label maker program, I was able to put the picture of the front of the CD Case onto the CD so he will always be able to remember when he got it!

I hope he likes it and doesn't think all the love songs are too sappy!!  LOL!



Are you ready to see something a little lighter??

 The next project comes from the new set called   Where You Should Be...

I created this card to give to a very special person in my life.  Someone I think is fabulous!!  I used BG papers from the Sugar Rush collection and stamped the card using the open style leaves and the You are Fabulous sentiment from Where You Should Be.

I followed another sketch for this card that I got from the Master Sketches list at SCS.  This card follows SC09 as shown below...

I am having so much fun working my way through all the sketches.  I would have to say that sketch challenges are my favorites!

Here is the closeup of the embellishment grouping I created with the leaves stamp that I paper pieced using coordinating DP from the BG Sugar Rush set.  I also stamped off  before stamping the same leaves onto the sentiment panel to give it a shadowy effect.  The buttons were in my collection and I stitched them on using cream colored embroidery floss!

 
 Here is a closeup of the darling sentiment!  I can see that being used over and over again!  Love that!  The purple photo corner is made of metal and comes from American Crafts.

And here is one last look at the whole thing!  I love how the lace trim came out after I cross-stitched some orange x's into the holes that were there!!  Super cute!! I really loved that!

Thank you so much for bearing with me through these long posts and descriptions.  Unfortunately I am very detail oriented so I hate to leave out anything that I can share with you!!  I totally understand if you just zip through and look at all the pictures!!

But please make the time to go and see what the rest of the DT members have to share with you today!  We are blessed again by having two more of the Unity DT girls joining us with their awesome creations so be sure to send them all your love when you stop by!!

Here is a list of more blogs to visit...


Unity Girls...


Thanks so much for helping us out AJ and Jen!! We really appreciate it!  :-)


Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with people in your life who are truly fabulous!



28 comments:

Heather said...

OMGOSH! Words can not decribe the thoughts in my head over these FABULOUS creations! You are just way to creative and what an AMAZING gift for hubby! Am steeling this idea for Michael's birthday! Thanks for the inspiration as always cutie cutie!

Lisa H. said...

you serisouly blow me away each time! your attention to detail is perfection! LOVE the inside of the CD case even more than the outside (is that possible?) and the way you used that second sketch-wow! love that touch of orange stitching-great touch!

jennifer mitten said...

Amazing projects - I love that you put all your true thoughts in that CD case - your husband will be blown away! And the card is adorable!!

Eva said...

Oh my gosh.....I am so stunned, too...your CD project is out of the world gorgeous!!! So much gorgeous eye candy...wow, you even decorated the CD...you really put some major thought into this. I bet he will LOVE it!!!! And you card is FABULOUS, too....love your design, it's really just amazing!!! Hugs, Eva

Jennifer said...

Wow! Incredible work!

Angie Blom said...

wow... blow me away.. two days in a row.. I am not sure if I can take anymore...But you know I will !! STUNNING>> STUNNING!!!! I love all the details of your CD project.. I need the instructions on this one for sure.. you are BRILLIANT Kelly... and your hubby is going to be blown away..with you amazing talent that is if he is not already. Love your card too.. everything is just amazing!! WOW... Xx

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless... so gosh darn awesome.

lisa a.

JenMarie said...

WOWzers girlie, major fabulousness here!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my Kelly! You did such an amazing job on the inside of that CD cover as well as those tags and the CD itself! Amazing! Your card is absolutely adorable and stunning too! Beautiful work!

farmhouse-story said...

your cd project is a treasure, kelly! he'll love it! i think those leaves on your card are wonderful!

Chris S. said...

Wow, Kelly, the CD case is a work of "heart." And the detail in the card is fabulous!

StampinCathy said...

WOW! Look at all this amaZING and inspiring ippity MOJO! I just love everything about your projects. Love how you used the stamps.

Karen said...

Oh geeze Kelly, what you have done with the CD case and tags...WOW!!! I also love your card with that little stitching on the lace!! Beautiful!!

Rachel B said...

Wow Kelly, You really went all out with the CD and CD case! I love how beautiful it turned out! The tags are perfect!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I'm not sure which project to comment on first! The cd case is just AMAZING. I can't believe how perfectly you made everything go together :)
You card is so much fun. I love the colors :)

Andrea said...

Love what you've done with these sets!!!

Jules! said...

Your husband is lucky!

Michelle Woerner said...

WHAT? You did the INSIDE TOO? You crazy surprising girl! IT IS FABULOUS! Those tags are perfect. AND that card is fun and whimsical! perfect! Hugs,

Ashley Newell said...

I love love love your CD cover! It's AMAZING! How sweet! And the card is beautiful!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

love that cd cover! I love love love all those tags--I really need to start stamping on other things other than cards! LOVE how creative you are:)

StacyC said...

Amazing Kelly... Beautiful work...

Jessica Diedrich said...

I'm seriously sitting here in awe of this-that CD case is STUNNING and soooo sentimental it really blew me away! And that card is stunning, too-love the lace trim and such a brilliant take on the sketch!

Robynccgirl said...

Wonderful inside to your cd case Kelly! Stunning! A true gift from the heart! Your card is great too!

Unknown said...

Fantastic creations Kelly! You are a romantic...I bet you two are so cute together! Thanks for these inspiring projects...wow!

Cheri said...

Holy wow, Kelly! I LOVE your little album, and your card is so soft! Beautiful!

Bonita Rose said...

omg... gorgeous Kelly.. u are so rocking these.. omg.. gorgeous gorgeous!

Erika M. said...

Your creations are absolutely amazing!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow, that album is absolutely gorgeous! Your card is lovely too.