Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Clean and Simple Challenge

Can we pretend it is Tuesday still?

Where did my yesterday and end of Monday go?  I have been chomping at the bit to get to my craft desk and start the nearly one zillion projects that I have to make before the 15th, but time just keeps slipping past me!  Work is still crazy busy... much more than usual!  I am trying to cope with all of it, and just wish I could cut back and stay at home more!!  I think stamping is important don't you?  LOL!!

Anyway, I was SO HONORED this week when Jen (MissBoo on SCS,) chose my card to be CASED for the Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS52) on SCS this week!  Talk about making me feel good, especially because I don't consider myself naturally to be a CAS kind of girl.  But after hanging out on that forum a bit, I have learned so much about the CAS style and how important the balance, coloring and design are when doing those types of cards!

Here is the card that is being featured...

Thanks So Mush(room)
Stamps Used: {ippity}: Because of You, Just Wanted to Say
Ink: Stampin Up, DP: K & Co.

Jen is asking that we play along by using the sketch from the above card for our inspiration! I hope you will play along too and upload your card into the Gallery and include the keyword CAS52.

I wanted to play along too, but since I had the sketch down already, I decided to add an additional challenge for me and make it a MASCULINE card to boot!!  Now we all know how challenging those can be right?

The perfect masculine card to make was for my step son's birthday which is today!!  I used the number collage stamp from the Life's Little Moments set from {ippity} and stamped it three times on the Kraft cardstock using SU's Chocolate Chip ink.  

Next I used Basic Grey  number stickers (which didn't match so I colored them with my Copics!) and applied them to the accent circle to represent how old he is.  The strip of DP is from the BG Blush collection.  I also added the paper piercing and twine to add texture yet keep it masculine. 

And for the final touch I added the sentiment which is from {ippity's} Just Wanted to Say set. This came together really quickly and got the seal of approval from my DH too!!  Sometimes it is hard for me to keep masculine cards masculine!! LOL!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOMAS!!  

I love you and hope that you have a phenomenal day!  I know that this world holds so many opportunities for you to succeed and it is my prayer that you reach out, grasp them and hang on to them until you become the man that you always dreamt you would be!  I am looking forward to celebrating your birthday with you tonight!

Thomas and Jess (his girlfriend) in December

So since we pretended that today was Tuesday (for my post's sake), I will be back soon with my Whimsie Wednesday Post too!! Have a great day and may your bucket overflow with all the time in the world you desire to spend on your papercrafting!! 

2 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, you have to know that this is totally awe-inspiring to me becaues I think everything "CAS" that I do totally stinks so to see these GORGEOUS cards you did really inspires me, girlie! Like everything you make! I just love ya!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

AWWWHHH! This birthday card turned out GREAT! I love the colors and perfect image to use. Great card for your son!! Hugs,