Sunday, December 20, 2009

Clean and Simple Masculine Card!

Super quick post today!  Sorry for neglecting the blog a little but I am happy to say that I am slowly but surely getting my Christmas projects and to-do list checked off!  I am starting to believe that I might actually be ready for Christmas by Christmas Eve, which is when we will be celebrating this year!

My Father-in-Law had a birthday this week and so I had to send out a card to him. Here  he is with his dog named Gator.  This picture was taken back on Father's Day this year.  It is Tom's step dad actually, but the man Tom considers his father since he raised him more than his biological father did.





I chose to follow along with a challenge on SCS and to use my {ippity} stamps for his card....


The challenge was this week's CAS Challenge CAS45 on SCS, which was to use curves on our card.  I used a masking technique and the numbers collage stamp from {ippity}'s Life's Little Moments kit to create the strip of numbers.  Then I added the sentiment from Just Wanted to Say.  I don't remember the brand of the DP since I found it in my scraps bin.  I kept the colors deep to make is seem more masculine, but then added a touch of red for accents.

I don't usually do masculine too well, but I did like how this one turned out. My husband doesn't quite get the CAS style and how it differs from my typical card style.  He asked me if I didn't want to add anything to the white space!  LOL!! I told him no... I  didn't!! The card was done!!

To purchase any of the stamps you see used in the card I made here, you can contact me through my {ippity} sales blog HERE.

Today and tomorrow I am off call and plan on making cookies and finishing my Christmas shopping.  I am down to the wire, but I have faith!!  I CAN do it!!  :-)

Have a wonderful Sunday and may your bucket overflow with the things you like to do to prepare for the holidays!!

3 comments:

Eva said...

This is such a beautiful card and I am sure your FIL loves it! Too funny about your hubby asking if you want to add more to the white area, mine does the same thing...hehehehe. Have fun baking cookies and shopping! Hugs, Eva

Sheri Gilson said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Kelly!! That is too funny about DH!!

Ashley Newell said...

What a great card!